Page 20 of 38 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Order Editor 1.3.7 Issues

Hi all. This is labraxmauler from Spain. I'm new to the forum. First of all, let me apologize if this is the wrong place to post my question. Here it goes:

I recently downloaded and installed Edit Orders 2.1 from srturner47's website, but for some reason I can't manage to make it work. I can edit orders (add & modify products with their attributes) but once I make a single modification, my order total price resets to "0.00". There's no way I can change it once I start editing orders. Moreover, this "0.00" order total stays there when I go to Admin > Customers > Orders.
    However, if I go to Admin > Reports > Customer-Order totals I can see the real order amount.

Any ideas about where the mistake is and how to solve it?

My Zen Cart version is the latest available, as stated by the "Check for updates" tool.

Thank you very much for your kind help.

Are you saying that the products still have their prices, but that the total is $0? That is very strange. Each time you update the order, it goes through each product and adds up your total. So, that is why your order total is most likely getting changed. What I don't understand is why you are getting $0. If your products have a price, your order total should have a price. The only reason you should have $0 for your total is that all your products are priced at $0.

Plugin Contributions

Hi, srturner47! Thanks for your reply.

Regarding your question, my answer is 'yes' but anyway I'll try to explain it all a little better:

All products in my store have their prices and my customers make their purchases normally. After that, I can see all orders in 'Admin > Customers > Orders' with their different amounts. The problem comes when I use Edit Orders to add or remove products from an order: if I change something –even if it's only one product– the order total turns to '0.00'. I definitely can update the order and make changes, but product prices just don't add up to the order total.

Besides, every product in the order still keeps its own price – it's only the order total that turns to '0.00'. If I then go to 'Admin > Reports > Customer Order-Totals' I can see all orders with their correct total amount. Strange, isn't it?

Your sentence 'if your products have a price, your order total should have a price' makes a lot of sense, but I can't manage to find out why it doesn't work. Of course, I checked that the module is properly installed many times, but I haven't got much experience with PHP so there's nothing else I can do.

Thanks for your kind help!

labraxmauler - I still don't have any idea why that is happening. Go ahead and update to v2.02 and see if that fixes it.

Just released version 2.02. It fixes a couple of bugs. If you have already downloaded it using the link in my signature, just go ahead and log in and redownload it from your order history screen to get the new version. Special thanks to Numinix for finding the first bug in my changelog.

Changelog for V2.02
    ------------------------
    1. Fixed problem with adding products when they are in the Top Category (i.e. they aren't in a category folder).
    2. Fixed problem with adding products that are not on special being added at $0 when the apply special price box is checked.

Plugin Contributions

Hi, guys. I'm so sorry to say this, but version 2.02 doesn't fix my problem. I downloaded and installed the module again, following the instructions in "read-me.txt" – no success. The 'Total 0.00' is still there as soon as I edit the order to add or delete a product.

I see there's a 'One Time Charges' window with '0.0000' inside under every product in the order. Is it correct? I don't know... I was just suggesting if this could be related to the problem.

Thank you very much for your help.

labraxmauler - One time charges is a feature of attributes. Don't worry about it; it shouldn't affect anything unless you change it from 0.

Don't know what to tell you, I have no idea why that is happening. If you'd need me to investigate further, I'd need to physically mess with your site by gaining access to your admin area and ftp. That is pretty invasive, and I certainly wouldn't let someone do that to my site, but I don't think I can help you otherwise. You could also hire a programmer you trust to check it out for you.

One last thing you might want to try -- create a product without attributes. Then, create an order with ONLY that product. Then, add that product again. If all works well, at least we know it has something to do with attributes. I did my best to test for all scenarios with attributes, but it is possible I missed something and it sounds like all your products have attributes as you mentioned that the One Time Charge is always listed below products.

Also, are you using 1.3.8? I haven't tested this with other versions (the title of this thread is very old!!!).

Just released 2.03. Special thanks to the person who emailed me identifying these bugs (no alias was given and I don't want to give real names out without permission, but thank you, thank you!). I would never have found these bugs myself! See the link in my signature to download. If you've already gone through checkout once, just login and redownload -- it should be the new version. Enjoy!

CHANGELOG for 2.03
    ------------------------
    1. Fixed problems with updating text attributes when more than one text attribute is used in Zen Cart.
    2. Fixed problems with adding a product with text attributes when more than one text attribute is used in Zen Cart.
    3. Fixed problem with using apostrophes in a text attribute when adding a product.

Plugin Contributions

Hi, guys!

srturner47, I'm sorry but unfortunately I'm not allowed to let you have a look at my admin area. However, I tried what you said about adding products without attributes –which I already had in my store– with the same disappointing result: the order total turns to '0.00'. According to what I can see in my Admin's server information, I'm working with Zen Cart 1.3.7.1 (database patch level: 1.3.8, fresh installation), PHP version 4.3.9, MySQL 4.1.22.

I'll download and install version 2.03 to see if it can fix the problem.

Thank you very much for your help.

Plugin Contributions

Is it possible to get all the details (like shown in the first email) to get in the emails with a status update?

Page 20 of 38 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast