Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Paypal Website Payment Pro - Mislead!

The following information should be included in the ZC documentation.

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54629
    Website Payments Pro
    v1.3.7 does *not* currently offer Website Payments Pro support (ie: specifically the ability to collect Credit Card data on *your* site and send it to PayPal for authorization --- all without sending the customer over to the PayPal site to use their PayPal account to login and pay you). That will come later in another release.
    NOTE: Website Payments Pro requires payment of a monthly credit-card processing fee, billed to your PayPal business or premier account. Further details available on the PayPal Website.
    In the payment module it shows Paypal Express Checkout - paypalwpp. I assume wpp stands for Website Payment Pro. At Paypal, ZC is listed as WPP capable. See http://solutions.paypal.com/procarts...?q=&pr=0:10000

With all that assuring information I went ahead and registered a WPP account and spent 4hrs of set up, testing, phone calls to Paypal, more testing, more calls (which evidently the PP techs don't know that WPP don't work with ZC). After much frustration I figured I'd check with ZC only to find that it's not WPP capable.

ZC should contact PP and let them know it is not yet WPP capable otherwise people will be downloading ZC based on their list and suffer greater frustration than I did and just post negative reports about ZC. This is misleading information. Also it should be a clear statement in the documentation.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal Website Payment Pro - Mislead! - UPDATE

After some research I came across a thread at ZC forums that lead to a working WPP plugin for ZC. It is a very simple installation and does not overwrite any ZC files. You just need to download your API certificate from Paypal and upload to your ZC folder then put the server absolute path to the certificate in the payment module configuration. Done!
    Last edited by Kim; 10 Feb 2007 at 07:28 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal Website Payment Pro - Mislead!

Make sure that you turn ON express checkout,

and Please do not post that link here,
    tired of supporting their crap
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

Plugin Contributions

So why should I turn on express checkout? Everything is working fine.

I was happy to find the link here and I figure others would find it useful too. Apparently ZC team don't want that.

Is errant Paypal report that ZC supports WPP being addressed?
    Last edited by maxima; 10 Feb 2007 at 10:10 PM.

Plugin Contributions

WPP and PayFlow support are coming.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

And BTW- That WPP module doesn't meet the PayPal standards set for their Certification, one of those standards is that you can't use WPP without PayPal Express available.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

and why do you need to turn on express checkout,

cause paypal says you have to
    page 19 of the users guide
    thats why the module that you are refering to was discouraged, it even says on the website that it dosnt comply with paypa TOS

Plugin Contributions

I don't get it. It works perfectly. Since the installation we have processed several tarnsactions without errors and without switching to Paypal. Before this we lost sales because people just couldn't bother or got lost in the process.

Until ZC releases the WPP version we will use this plugin. We don't have the express checkout on but the Paypal Standard is on. If Paypal requires Express checkout to use WPP then 1Shopping cart should not be on their list because we had their service and they offer WPP and there is no PPX.

....and the plugin package does also include PPX so if required it would meet the standards.
    Last edited by maxima; 11 Feb 2007 at 07:46 AM.

Plugin Contributions

page 19 of paypal TOS states that to use paypal pro you MUST offer paypal express,

the module you are refering to specificaly states that it DOSNT meet the TOS

turn express on and you will be fine,

Plugin Contributions

Default So what's the final verdict...does ZC support PayPal Payments Pro?

Reading this thread I'm unsure of the final verdict. Does ZenCart support PayPal Payments Pro? And if so, where is the link to the plug-in module?
    thanks,
    Jill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast