Plugin Contributions

Default Moving current ZenCart to new host

I'm needing to move an existing Zen-Cart installation to a new web host. Could you point me to a document that will assist in making the experiece painless?
    Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Moving current ZenCart to new host

on your current host - what type of control panel (account management interfact) do you have?? cPanel, plesk, ensim??? or a custom one?

do you have phpmyadmin access?
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: cloning installed zencart

Similar to the question above I have an existing zencart (1.2.6d) and I want to clone it and create a new zencart that looks exactly the same in a new folder.

My webhost uses a cpanel and has Fantastico but I don't know if I ca use that for what I want to do.

I will also need to clone the database so that all the products are the same but I can then customise them only for the new zencart install.

Thanks,
    Sheryl

Plugin Contributions

Cpanel has a "full site backup" feature that you can use when moving to a new host as you can not restore this type of backup but the host can.

There is also a home directory backup and then individual DB backup selections

and also phpmyadmin for the DB
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

[FONT=Verdana]This will really help me out. I've set up a demo Zen-Cart on my personal web site so I could show how ZC works to a potential client. She sells a wide array of products and some of the products can have 4, 5, or even 6 options. So I put a lot of time into Attribute Options so I could show her just how robust an e-commerce site we could do. (Versus a basic page that says "I sell this stuff" contact me.)[/FONT][FONT=Verdana]

[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]So now we're trying to work out the details of what she'll want as content on the site, but I want to get going!! We're going to have a ton of products and the faster it is populated the better. Unfortunately she registered a domain through AOL's "My eAddress" (which is a scam for those who really want a real web site!), so now I have to have her register a new domain or find out if AOL will allow her to transfer the domain.[/FONT][FONT=Verdana]

[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]I plan on continuing to populate the products and knowing I can move to another host is great![/FONT][FONT=Verdana]

[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Thanks for the info.[/FONT][FONT=Verdana]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]- Scott[/FONT][FONT=Arial][/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

If I follow the instructions in the article above will all the installed modules be installed and configured correctly or do I have to reinstall and configure each module? < nightmare! >

Also, have people used the article above successfully? Any feedback from those who have used it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    makenoiz

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by makenoiz View Post
    If I follow the instructions in the article above will all the installed modules be installed and configured correctly or do I have to reinstall and configure each module? < nightmare! >

Also, have people used the article above successfully? Any feedback from those who have used it would be greatly appreciated.
    I wrote that article after using those steps repeatedly for various clients.

Here's another version of it, for reference:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...Switch_Servers

or these related (but older) articles:
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=99
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=54

Some modules will carry over directly.
    Some might require some reconfiguration.
    Each depends on their own unique requirements.
    The best way to know ... is do it, and test test test test test ... and then go live and test test test test again ...

Here's some guidance on doing database backups using phpMyAdmin:
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=103

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.