Plugin Contributions

Default Mandatory CheckBox attribute

Hi, I have ZC 1.3.7. and would like to use CheckBoxes to choose one or more attributes of a product. Is there a possibility to make the attribute selection mandatory ? I selected YES in the colored redio buttons in Attributes Controler but the customer can still give the product to the shopping cart with no attribute selection. Any idea how to solve this ?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Mandatory CheckBox attribute

There isn't a check on the checkboxes at this time to control how many are selected at one time in order to add to cart ...

I am currently debating this feature and where it is best to store the data ...

If this is stored in the products_attributes table and assumes if you set it to 4 meaning minimum of 4 checkboxes and you have 12 checkboxes but only have this setting on 10 of them because you forgot it on 2 of them ...

then takes the highest number found of the 12 attributes for how many checkboxes are required as the correct value ... would this work?

I think, in theory, that would provide the most flexibility ...

This way I can have an Option Name:
    Pizza Meat Toppings

Option Values:
    Pepperoni
    Ham
    Chicken

And in those would be a minimum 1 setting ...

Or Pick 3 colors and give a list of 12 checkboxes where the minimum on each of the attributes is 3 ... and even if I forget to mark 2 or 3 of these with the minimum setting, because I managed to get at least 1 of them marked with a minimum setting and the same for a maximum setting ... this should work ...

Now to just get it all working happily together and not break anything ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I can easily imagine a situation where, of six choices, you must pick one or more of A, B or C, but D, E and F are optional...

Perhaps that kind of situation could always be covered by putting D, E & F under a different option name?

And just to throw another monkey wrench in, what about the case where the customer must pick 2 or 3 or more of a list of options? Can this be covered?
    *ducking & running*
    OK, I guess this is actually covered by your thinking...
    Last edited by gjh42; 17 Feb 2007 at 03:32 AM.

Plugin Contributions

These are the reasons for a good long think on this ...

But ... something will come along within the next few releases to address this issue as I know it is needed and we want to give as much flexibility to the code as we can ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

OK, good luck and let us know. I think it would be very good feature.

Let mie ask just one more qwuestion, beacouse I am new zenner

Is there any possibility to use products from the Catalog - Categorie/Products as an attribute for another product ?

I working on a RC model e-shop. The main category of products are RC airplanes kits and another products are accessories. E.g. the RC airplane kit will be Mustang P51D (in Catalog - Categories/Products) and the accessories will be engine or rectractable landing gear (also as an product in Catalog - Categories/Products). So the customer can order separate the kit and may be sometimes the retractable landing gear or the engine as a separate product.

But I would like to do also this:
    The customer goes to RC model Kits to product detail Mustang P51D and there he can select in attributes:
    I want to buy:
    - engine attribute: electric model/gas engine model (with PopDown or Radio)
    - camouflage attr.: basic/enhanced (Radio to se the +price)
    - accessories attr.: retractable landing gear (chceck box)

Can I use the products from catalogue as an attribute (and how) or I have to enter the products separete as an attribute too ?

Plugin Contributions

Not at this time ...

That too has been considered ... but it is a ways down the pike before we really look into this one ... there are a lot of other features and plans on the next several releases ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

OK, thanks for your answer. I will solve it using the accessories as an attribute.