Plugin Contributions

Default PayPal order delayed in appearing in ZenCart v1.2.6

Hi there,

I am having a problem on one of my sites and was wondering if anyone can shed some light.

I get a PayPal confirmation that an order has been paid for but when I goto ZenCart there is no order. It appears the following day.

Date Added Customer Notified Status Comments
    02/19/2007 17:53:17 Processing
    02/19/2007 17:53:17 Processing PayPal status: Completed @ 18:52:03 Feb 18, 2007 PST

So the order date is 2/19/2007 but the payment date is 2/18/2007

Any ideas?

Thanks

Tony

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PayPal order delayed in appearing in ZenCart

I'm not sure which version of Zen Cart you're using. Granted, this problem doesn't appear to be related to version issues.

In my first read of your post, I interpreted it as though you were saying that if someone places an order, you don't see it until the next day.

In this case, it could be that the PayPal servers are just overloaded and slow in responding. When using the IPN module, the order isn't "released" in Zen cart until PayPal's servers notify you of the completed payment.
    You can read more about how all that works here:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...es_IPN_work.3F

What puzzles me is the date discrepancy. So, I re-read your post a couple times, and looked at the dates you posted:
    Date Added Customer Notified Status Comments
    02/19/2007 17:53:17 Processing
    02/19/2007 17:53:17 Processing PayPal status: Completed @ 18:52:03 Feb 18, 2007 PST

So the order date is 2/19/2007 but the payment date is 2/18/2007
    This suggests that your webserver maybe has the wrong date ?
    I can see 17:53 vs 18:52 being typical if there's simply a 1-hour time-zone difference between PayPal's servers (on West Coast of USA, in PST zone) vs your server, presumably in a time zone further west by 1 hour.
    But then there's still the date issue vs the time issue.
    So, it would appear that your server is set 23 hours ahead of the PST time zone ... thus causing the discrepancy.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PayPal order delayed in appearing in ZenCart

Hi DrByte,

Thanks for responding.

This problem seems to be only happening in the last couple of days. I get about 10 PayPal transactions a day and maybe 1 of them I get this problem.

I checked my server date and my database date and they are correct.

Could PayPal be having a problem?

I am running an old version of ZenCart 1.2.6. I am very reluctant to upgrade as I don't understand the override system and I am sure that I have modified files that will be overwritten by an upgrade.

Thanks

Tony