Plugin Contributions

Default No state, no group pricing

Hi,

I found this when I was upgrading from 1.3.5 to 1.3.7. The same problem in both versions:

Many countries don't have states at all. I don't require my customers to fill it in when they create accounts.

Then I tried to specify all customers from one country as a discount group. It turned out that it was impossible to get the markings I made on the customer data to stay there, unless there was at least one character in the state field. I went and wrote an ' in every state field for that country's customers. After that, the markings for membership in the discount group stayed in place.

It took some time before I figured out the relationship. Two customers had made that ' marking, and that's what helped me find the relationship.
    Marianne in Finland

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: No state, no group pricing

Could you be more specific on how exactly you were trying to do this? Perhaps some examples ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: No state, no group pricing

1. In Customers/Group pricing, I made a group called Finland, 10 % discount.
    2. For each Finnish customer, I chose in the Customers/Customers/Discount pricing groups the group Finland from the dropdown menu.
    3. If no character had been written in the state field for the customer, the Discount pricing would show after update, but immediately disappear again and when looking at the Customers/Group pricing, there was no customer in that pricing group (Finland).
    4. Two Finnish customers had filled in the ' in the state field and their information stayed in the database.
    Marianne in Finland