Plugin Contributions

Default problem making changes

I have had my zencart for awhile now and have had no problems. I tried to make changes to my main page today from within the define pages editor. I deleted all the old stuff as I usually do and entered my new information. nothing shows up. I tried another page to see if that worked. I added text to the conditions of use and clicked save and all the previous information now does not show up.... i tried to repair the data base ussing the repair database tool in mysql.... also i have not been able to upgrade due to a problem with fantastico.... so that is not an option. has anyone else seen this problem? how can I resolve it?
    www.mytinydog.com

sincerely, Deborah

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: problem making changes

What has changed since the last time you changed the text, because whatever you did after adding the text the first time has kept this from working.

You can change the pages with your editing software instead. Take a look at the faq for locations of the pages.

Fantastico shouldn't keep you from upgrading. Can you describe the problem with upgrading your fantastico install?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by birdoasis View Post
    What has changed since the last time you changed the text, because whatever you did after adding the text the first time has kept this from working.

You can change the pages with your editing software instead. Take a look at the faq for locations of the pages.

Fantastico shouldn't keep you from upgrading. Can you describe the problem with upgrading your fantastico install?
    nothing has changed. nothing was touched.

Plugin Contributions

Well whatever it is I caught it too.

I've tried changing templates but the same problem. I changed the permissions to 755 and even tried 777 but still can't make changes in define pages editor.

How weird is that?

Plugin Contributions

Peek in the Configuration ... Define Pages ...

What are the settings for the missing Define Pages? Do you have it turned off?

Do you have a template out of date that does not understand the settings? To test, switch to Classic ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!