Page 44 of 123 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: My Checkout Without Account Mod

Just tried the COWOA mod out on my test site www.nps1direct.com/zcf and it works fine using ZenCart v1.38.

After creating an order and going through the whole process, I decided to try again to see what would happen as a repeat customer who used the Checkout without Account step. I found the following problem after filling in the Billing Information page:

"Our system already has a record of that email address - please try logging in with that email address. If you do not use that address any longer you can correct it in the My Account area."

When I click on the link in the "If you have an account with us, you may login at the Login Page." sentence I received the following error:
    "Error: Sorry, there is no match for that email address and/or password."

Is there a way to get rid of this so the customer can continue onward?
    Thomas Brophy

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by TJB View Post
    Just tried the COWOA mod out on my test site www.nps1direct.com/zcf and it works fine using ZenCart v1.38.

After creating an order and going through the whole process, I decided to try again to see what would happen as a repeat customer who used the Checkout without Account step. I found the following problem after filling in the Billing Information page:

"Our system already has a record of that email address - please try logging in with that email address. If you do not use that address any longer you can correct it in the My Account area."

When I click on the link in the "If you have an account with us, you may login at the Login Page." sentence I received the following error:
    "Error: Sorry, there is no match for that email address and/or password."

Is there a way to get rid of this so the customer can continue onward?
    I just tested it and it worked fine. I used COWOA twice in a row with the same email address and received no errors.

Now if a customer does not use COWOA and then they come back and try to use COWOA with the same email address, then they will get the error. Which is how it is supposed to work. If they are already registered, the cart will prompt them to checkout with their account instead of COWOA.

Once they are registered, thats it. There is no going back to COWOA with the same email address. Not sure why someone who created an account would all of a sudden want to use COWOA.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ecmauto View Post
    Hi craftzombie,
    Thanks for your quick response,you might be right about another mod.
    The problem you had is what I am tying to fix.I agree that the shipping error will probably correct itself if I can get it to send me to the shipping info page.
    The only other mod I tryed to install was " Disable Registration Form" by IVUM.
    This where I learned the difference between a Database Backup and a File Backup.When I could not get COWOA to work I reinstalled my database backup and continued to install DRF,when I could not get that to work I attempted an uninstall and learned I was doing an incorrect backup, Oh well,, Live and learn right. So I had my hosting co. restore my site from a backup of a date prior to installing either mod. and started from scratch with COWOA.
    I have compared the file ver. and author of the files listed with the DRF mod. and they match the files on my site. I believe the creator of the DRF mod has changed the files and decided not to list him/herself as the author.I am going to have to go through each file line by line and compare to determine witch file I have installed on my site.Fortunately they did list the changes to the files for a manual install so maybe it won't be so bad.

Thanks to all, Jim
    https://ecmauto.com
    I have never heard of the "Disable Registration" mod before, otherwise I wouldn't have pointed a finger at FEC or ESL. My bad! (By the way, I've never uttered the words "My bad" before. What is wrong with me?!)

Anyway, I just downloaded Disable Regis. and looked at the files. There are not that many. Why don't you just go through the process of installing that mod, but instead of using the files in that mod, use the files that come with Zen 1.3.8 (or whatever version you are using). That way, your files are back to normal and you can start fresh with COWOA. Sounds better than going through files line by line. Perhaps there is an easier way to do it, but thats the way I do it.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by craftzombie View Post
    I have never heard of the "Disable Registration" mod before, otherwise I wouldn't have pointed a finger at FEC or ESL. My bad! (By the way, I've never uttered the words "My bad" before. What is wrong with me?!)

Anyway, I just downloaded Disable Regis. and looked at the files. There are not that many. Why don't you just go through the process of installing that mod, but instead of using the files in that mod, use the files that come with Zen 1.3.8 (or whatever version you are using). That way, your files are back to normal and you can start fresh with COWOA. Sounds better than going through files line by line. Perhaps there is an easier way to do it, but thats the way I do it.

craftzombie,
    You where right,there was still several files left over from the DRF mod. I was able to replace most of them with original the zen files, V1.3.7 by the way,there was one file I did not have the original of so I had to try to repair by removing the changes,"tpl_checkout_confirmation_default.php",I used notepad and when I saved it I lost all of it's format,line spacing, ect.so I tried to reformat using the mod file as an example.I am not sure I got it right could this be causing a problem?
    After all this my checkout page now gives me three options,
    1) Login as a returning customer.
    2) Create an account.
    3) Pay with pay-pal.
    Yee-Haa I'm making progress now.
    Trouble is the pay-pal module is not working,it gives me 2 error msg. I have not been able to figure out yet.
    I do not have all the original V1.3.7 files as this cart was installed by my site host when I signed up.So do you think upgrading to v1.3.8 would help me here?
    How much reconfiguring or reinstalling mod's would be needed ?
    I have only a few mod's ,Google analytics,Printable price list,column grid layout an COWOA.A few customs like the header background image,font and style and a couple of e-z pages.

Thanks for all your help.
    Jim
    https://ecmauto.com

p.s. I am not a programmer but I am happy to contribute any way I can.

Plugin Contributions

CraftZombie,

Thanks for clearing that up . I was testing it with an email account that I registered with the system (before addin the COWOA mod) which gave me the error.

It works great!

TJB
    Thomas Brophy

Plugin Contributions

Hello,

Im not getting the Checkout Without Account option in the log in page.

When I try to install COWOA.sql, im getting the following.

1062 Duplicate entry 'Permanent Account Holders Only' for key 2
    in:
    [INSERT INTO query_builder ( query_id , query_category , query_name , query_description , query_string ) VALUES ( '', 'email,newsletters', 'Permanent Account Holders Only', 'Send email only to permanent account holders ', 'select customers_email_address, customers_firstname, customers_lastname from TABLE_CUSTOMERS where COWOA_account != 1 order by customers_lastname, customers_firstname, customers_email_address');]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

Please help. I really need to get this to work. I have both FEC and ESL installed as well.

Thx

Plugin Contributions

Is there a way to change the flow of pages so that once the customer clicks on the "Go to Checkout" button on the Shopping Cart page, the next page they see is the Billing information?

Using FireFox Firebug I edited the html code on the shopping cart page for the button from

index.php?main_page=checkout_shipping

to

index.php?main_page=no_account

and tried it out. It did what I wanted which is skip the Login page (with the COWOA mod installed of course) and go right to the Billing Information page. With the Checkout without Account option in the login page most people aren't going to register, so why not get rid of an extra click.

My question is what file contains the lines needed to change this?

I thought maybe the 4th line in the includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_checkout_shipping_default.php file

<?php echo zen_draw_form('checkout_address', zen_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL')) . zen_draw_hidden_field('action', 'process'); ?>

or the line in tpl_shopping_cart_default.php file:

<!--bof shopping cart buttons-->
    <div class="buttonRow forward"><?php echo '<a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL') . '">' . zen_image_button(BUTTON_IMAGE_CHECKOUT, BUTTON_CHECKOUT_ALT) . '</a>'; ?></div>
    <div class="buttonRow back"><?php echo zen_back_link() . zen_image_button(BUTTON_IMAGE_CONTINUE_SHOPPING, BUTTON_CONTINUE_SHOPPING_ALT) .

but I'm not sure what to change it to.
    Last edited by TJB; 11 Mar 2008 at 09:46 PM.
    Thomas Brophy

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
    Hello,

Im not getting the Checkout Without Account option in the log in page.

When I try to install COWOA.sql, im getting the following.

1062 Duplicate entry 'Permanent Account Holders Only' for key 2
    in:
    [INSERT INTO query_builder ( query_id , query_category , query_name , query_description , query_string ) VALUES ( '', 'email,newsletters', 'Permanent Account Holders Only', 'Send email only to permanent account holders ', 'select customers_email_address, customers_firstname, customers_lastname from TABLE_CUSTOMERS where COWOA_account != 1 order by customers_lastname, customers_firstname, customers_email_address');]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

Please help. I really need to get this to work. I have both FEC and ESL installed as well.

Thx

The sql does that because it is already installed. I believe ESL already contains COWOA and you do not need to install COWOA separately. I don't know much about ESL or FEC, just bits and pieces that I've picked up here and there. If you are going to use COWOA in conjunction with ESL (I think thats the one with COWOA in it), then you do not need to install COWOA on your own. You might not be seeing COWOA on the log in page if you tried to install COWOA after installing ESL. You might have overwritten files (???). Try re-installing whichever mod already contains COWOA (you shouldn't have to re-install the sql file). Also, I think those mods have switches in your admin to turn things off and on, unlike COWOA which has no switches, so make sure you check those after installing as well.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by TJB View Post
    Is there a way to change the flow of pages so that once the customer clicks on the "Go to Checkout" button on the Shopping Cart page, the next page they see is the Billing information?
    in tpl_shopping_cart_default.php

change:
    Code:
    <div class="buttonRow forward"><?php echo '<a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL') . '">' . zen_image_button(BUTTON_IMAGE_CHECKOUT, BUTTON_CHECKOUT_ALT) . '</a>'; ?></div>
    <div class="buttonRow back"><?php echo zen_back_link() . zen_image_button(BUTTON_IMAGE_CONTINUE_SHOPPING, BUTTON_CONTINUE_SHOPPING_ALT) .
    to:
    Code:
    <div class="buttonRow forward"><?php echo '<a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_NO_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL') . '">' . zen_image_button(BUTTON_IMAGE_CHECKOUT, BUTTON_CHECKOUT_ALT) . '</a>'; ?></div>
    basically just changing FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING to FILENAME_NO_ACCOUNT.

Do some test orders after you've made the change to make sure everything is working properly. Check in your admin after too.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks. worked fine.
    Thomas Brophy

Page 44 of 123 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast