Page 15 of 123 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: My Checkout Without Account Mod

Quote Originally Posted by TMontana View Post
    ps: why isnt your mod on the download section??? Its a must-have! Any logic explanations?
    this is regarding my mod, not Joe's mod, but he may be in the same boat as me here...

I submitted my mod in December to be included in the downloads section. Since that time, I have heard nothing. Now my first conclusion was that my mod was just a dirty little hack and didn't rank high enough for the zen teams approval. Okay, fine. But at least tell me that. Tell me SOMETHING. Tell me what I need to do to get it approved. Its not like I am doing it for myself. The whole point was to help other people. I have been thanked a million times for that mod. How many other people out there could use it but have no clue it exists because they haven't stumbled upon that thread? So my other conclusion is that ANY mod that has to do with bypassing the creation of accounts will not make it into the downloads section. Why? Not sure, although I can take a good guess after reading all the other threads on the topic.

I hope I am wrong Joe and your mod makes it. It is far from a dirty little hack and has proved to be extremely beneficial to me and others.

craftzombie,

I have noticed a certain ambivalence on the topic, and apparently others have as well. And, thank you for your kind words and continued support; I'd like to think as well that this has gotten past a quick and dirty mod. I agree that this is a good feature, depending on your market of course, and would like to see it reach many people.

At any rate, the simplest answer is that I haven't submitted it yet. I'd like to make sure that all the bugs are out. It appears that it's just about there. In the near future I'll formalize my heading comments, etc., and see how it sits.

I could understand a certain reluctance on the part of the devs to give a deep reaching mod like this one an official nod. In any case, I've reaped the benefit for myself and the truly industrious will find this. I do hope, as you, that it finds its audience.

I won't speculate upon motives or causes--effects of the military, I suppose--but it's unfortunate that you've been kept in the dark.

TMontana: Thanks for the support. (; I'm just glad to be on the giving side of the equation for once. I really feel like this open source thing is getting to critical mass.

--Joe

Plugin Contributions

As you know, craftzombie, I have installed your "no account" mod on my site yesterday and I decided to use yours because I am SO new to all this, and yours was very simple, clear, easy and did exactly what I wanted. I did not want "optional" sign up, I wanted NO signup. I almost used Joe's, but I really, really did not want customers to have to do ANY signup.

Once the customer finds something they want, I don't want any obstacles or any hesitation to fill out the form and submit. Just clean, quick and be done.

I've done a bunch of shopping over the past 5 years online and I can count on one hand the sites that require signup. That's out of hundreds. I just want to buy, not join or feel committed.

I think yours and Joe's mods should make it into the download section. They are both good and it's just a matter of which one suits your personal needs or wants.

Kudos to you both!
    many thanks,
    Shirley

Plugin Contributions

Hi people, the mod is upand running without problems, the 5 language packs are almost finished and just need a little fine tuning...
    The problems encountered on the live site have been ironed out, maily serverside (after server ftp update) and as soon as we get a chance to post all the data we will do so...

Big thanks to JOE best mod for a long time and customers seem to like it... the issues with Emails retuning customers dont seem to create any major issues and all of our payment moduels are working properly...

If anyone wants a language pack for this mod (German, French, Italian, Spanish) or if any of you have any amendments drop us a line we will incoorperate them and then stick the completed item in a zip for all....

Good luck to all

Richie
    Last edited by JMS_Music; 25 Mar 2007 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Because I can't write in English anymore! :-D
    Richie Jones

JMS Music Online

www.jms-music.de

Plugin Contributions

how do i remove the detailed invoice hyperlink from the order update email if they havent got an account ?

Plugin Contributions

also today i found on my store when you checkout with creating an account, it takes about 1 minute to load the shipping screen once you have entered in your address on the first screen, does anyone else have this problem

my website is www.bargaintowelrails.com

I apologize for the delay with the Super Orders issue. Aside from being generally busy I've had both some bad and some good in my life recently that's disrupted my schedule. At any rate, I'm taking off for a trip Wednesday morning and I resolve, with Benjamin Franklin as my witness, to knock this out before then. I've got 100% track record with such resolutions. (;

bean2k1: The order update e-mail issue should be resolved in recent versions of this with /admin/orders.php. You should be able to just overwrite it in, there being no override folder for it of course.

I took a look at your page. Unfortunately I haven't seen it elsewhere and I don't know what might be causing it. Perhaps a file was corrupted in the upload? Are you running with the SQL version of COWOA? Have you ran the SQL patch? I'm not sure specifically how these might cause the delay but it's what comes to mind.

--Joe

Plugin Contributions

yeah im running the sql version and i have installed the sql patch too, ill try and overwrite the files again see if that works. But i have tryed the checkout out on my computer and it works fine for me, but when someone else trys to checkout with an account they get a really slow loading screen between the address and shipping page

Alright, let me know by PM if it persists, and I'll see if I can devise some tests to narrow it down and figure out what's happening.

--Joe

Plugin Contributions

Hey Joe, as we know a 1.4 is around the corner someplace, but as it stands 1.3.7 is stable for the most part.

So, your latest revision, I gather I can now take this and use it on a live cart ?

Also, would this work on 1.3.0.2?
    IntelCos