Page 25 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: My Checkout Without Account Mod

Thanks craftzombie. I never thought to click that when testing. I'll look into it.

red flag Re: My Checkout Without Account Mod

I've run across a possible problem when a customer revisits the site to purchase another product.

When a customer is checking out with the same email address they used the last purchase, it tells them that the email address they are using is already registered with the site and to login to complete the checkout process. How can they login when they don't have a password to login with?

Plugin Contributions

Hey guys,

I may just put up a tutorial in the near future, when I get some time. Should be helpful for PayPal only users. Anyone interested?

As for the above problem, I believe that is solved when you go to Admin and look at the settings for PayPal Express (assuming you are using PayPal). There is an option where it says "create account?" or something. I just clicked no, and have not had any issues. So far I have had 2 repeat customers.

Hope this help,
    C

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by canemasters View Post
    I've run across a possible problem when a customer revisits the site to purchase another product.

When a customer is checking out with the same email address they used the last purchase, it tells them that the email address they are using is already registered with the site and to login to complete the checkout process. How can they login when they don't have a password to login with?
    It is only supposed to do that when they created an account the first time around. If it is doing that when they used "checkout without account" the first time around, then I would try re-installing everything because something may not have transfered properly. I have tested this several times on my own cart and have used the same email address on "checkout without account" orders at least 6 times in a row with no errors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I ordered from Linens and Things the other day and fell in love with their checkout. I be able to do the same with the COWOA mod right? The file I would have to edit is the tpl_login_default.php correct? There are two things that I don't see how to do- the option to create an account at the end of the checkout and tracking your order without signing in.

Does anyone have any thoughts?
    Thanks!
    michelle
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

Email Error: Could not instantiate mail function.

That is the error I get when testing my COWOA with no account on my local server when going from the submit order page (Step 4) to the thank you page (step 5). It works on my live test server
    http://buy.sweetriot.com.s20190.gridserver.com/

I saw someone else post the same error here at comment #44, but I couldn't find a resolution to it.

Plugin Contributions

Hi All

I really like the look of this mod. I would like to implement this in my cart, but there is a pitfall. Please don't all shout at me. I run zen 1.2.5. To upgrade to the latest version would be a complete nightmare, as there I so many mods, and in all honesty, alot have not been documented.

Can anyone see any big reasons why this mod would not integrate with version 1.2.5.

Regards
    Laurie

Plugin Contributions

[FONT=Trebuchet MS]Hi all, sorry, the email error I was having I don't think is a COWOA error. It's a mail transport error, and I posted a question about it in the email forum here.

But I would still love to see if anyone has any ideas about modifying this COWOA process so it's more seemless to the customer, as described here.
    [/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: My Checkout Without Account Mod

Hi there

My client's shop is at: http://receiptrolls.com/shop/

I have installed this mod but for some reason after I click on "continue" under the "checkout without account" option I get an error 404, the URL for the page that comes up is "https://receiptrolls.com/shop/index.php?main_page=FILENAME_NO_ACCOUNT"

I know that it's been reported that the COWOA mod will probably not work if the checkout page is one page.

Before I did the install of this mod, the checkout page I had originally, was pretty much everything on one page, once a user clicked on the first "continue" step at the checkout page.

I did not install a mod that set up a 1 page check out, but I do recall setting this option in admin, somewhere, I just can't recall where to go to disable it.

Can anyone help me figure this out?
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    B. Woods Design - Professional Managed Website Solutions

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bwoodsdesign View Post
    Hi there

My client's shop is at: http://receiptrolls.com/shop/

I have installed this mod but for some reason after I click on "continue" under the "checkout without account" option I get an error 404, the URL for the page that comes up is "https://receiptrolls.com/shop/index.php?main_page=FILENAME_NO_ACCOUNT"

I know that it's been reported that the COWOA mod will probably not work if the checkout page is one page.

Before I did the install of this mod, the checkout page I had originally, was pretty much everything on one page, once a user clicked on the first "continue" step at the checkout page.

I did not install a mod that set up a 1 page check out, but I do recall setting this option in admin, somewhere, I just can't recall where to go to disable it.

Can anyone help me figure this out?
    Hello! I added something to your cart and on the shopping cart contents page... when I click on "checkout", I get the 404 error. I'm not sure if you've done anything else to it since you posted this message because you had said your error was happening when clicking on "checkout without account" on the login page. The error that I just received has nothing to do with this mod.

You have missing pages and/or you still have files from some mod that are messing things up. This mod does not start working from the shopping cart contents page. It starts when you click on "checkout without account". If you clicked on checkout without account before and got a 404 error because mainpage=no_account was not there, that means that your files did not upload correctly during FTP and you should try again (or you uploaded them to the wrong template). Also, I don't recall there being any switch in the admin to change to a one-page checkout, although I am still using version 1.3.6 so I don't know if this is something new in 1.3.7. Are you sure you never installed a mod that has anything to do with logging in or checking out??

Page 25 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast