Thread: API Signature??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default API Signature??

Hi!

I think I am missing something! I am trying to config. my Paypal Express Checkout thingy... :)

And I am to the part where it wants my API Signature (56 charater code)

I logged into my paypal account and went to API Access and this is all I see:

Grant API Permissions
    Request API Certificate

Can someone please lead me to the place where I can get my API Signature?? PLEASE!!

thanks so much!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: API Signature??

Click on Request API Credentials.
    Choose API Signature
    Read the terms and check the box before clicking Submit

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I don't have a signature rather a Certificate. How would I go about getting a signature.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dacobra View Post
    I don't have a signature rather a Certificate. How would I go about getting a signature.
    Click on request API certificate and you will get everything you need to complete the set up of the module.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by clydejones View Post
    Click on request API certificate and you will get everything you need to complete the set up of the module.
    Thanks for your reply clyde, but I have had a PayPaly Cert since 10/05 and an api username and password. Do I copy the entire content of the cert_key_pem.txt file into the API Signature area?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dacobra View Post
    Thanks for your reply clyde, but I have had a PayPaly Cert since 10/05 and an api username and password. Do I copy the entire content of the cert_key_pem.txt file into the API Signature area?

My cert has the following (3) areas

API User Name:
    API password:
    Signature: 56 alphanumeric characters.

Plugin Contributions

Well I am starting to feel like an idiot. I have done everything explained, gone over it and over it, used different browsers and I have yet to see anything about an API Signature. These are my steps:
    Login
    Click on the profile tab under My Accounts.
    Under the Account Information section, I click on the API Access link.
    On the right side, there is the "Request API Credentials, but this is what mine says: "You have requested API credentials" View or Remove Credentials.
    I click on View or Remove Credentials

Once here, this is what I see:
    Developers: Do not share your credential or use it in a manner in which others can access it. Consider storing the credential as a properties file in a secure location other than your web server document root and setting the file permissions so that only the system user executing your ecommerce application can access it.
    Credential: API Certificate
    Registrant: Name Here
    Address
    API Username: ******
    Request Date: Nov. 10, 2005 10:21:06 CST

From here there are three buttons: Download Certificate, Print this page, Remove.

I have been using the certificate that I have since November. I have sent Paypal an email asking them how to retain my API Signature. Withing my certificate, there is a LOT of characters broken into 2 sections, KEY & CERT.

SHRUGS
    Thanks for any and all help.
    -Robert

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Apparently PayPal only lets you have Signature *OR* Certificate ... not both. I got this from PayPal's tech support:

The only way for a merchant to have both certificates and signatures is to open a second PayPal, get the account verified and get the new signature for the second account as our system doesn’t allow these two types of credential options on one PayPal account.

This is a valuable feedback. I will escalate this issue to see if we can make improvements to our product features in the future.

However the suggestion below is a good option for the merchant to consider. If he has both Zen Cart and his PayPal account open at the same time, the interruption will only be 10 to 20 seconds.

All the merchant needs to do to get API Signature instead of Certificate is:
    Open his PayPal account and his Zen Cart account
    Go to his PayPal profile -> API access, Click remove API (interruption starts)
    Click request API, choose Signature - he will get all the credentials on the next page.
    Copy all the Credentials to Zen Cart and submit (interruption ends)

I know it is not the ideal solution but it is the better choice of the two we have at this time.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi DrByte,

Is there any other way that ZenCart PayPal Express run by using certificate?

I have a client that use another cart (pinnacle) which using certificate method, and he has two Zencart stores which use signature.

To have them both pinnacle and zencart, he can only use one PayPal method.

Please let u sknow your opinion

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by milkyway View Post
    Is there any other way that ZenCart PayPal Express run by using certificate?

I have a client that use another cart (pinnacle) which using certificate method, and he has two Zencart stores which use signature.
    No. Zen Cart doesn't work with API Certificates. It only works with API Signature. There are no plans to support certificate mode.
    Unfortunately, PayPal currently only offers you to select EITHER signature OR certificate Api access on a given account. I've suggested to them that they work out a way to allow both, but I haven't heard whether they plan to do so or not, letalone "when" they might consider it.

Your options are:
    a) convert to signature mode to use express checkout
    b) set up another PayPal account for the business represented by your Zen Cart site, and setup an api signature for it
    c) use PayPal IPN (website payments standard) instead

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast