Plugin Contributions

Default 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax

I have installed zen-cart-v1.3.7-full-fileset-12302006 yesterday, but ummmmmm messed up a page and got tired of fixing it. So I deleted the whole package and reinstalled it. OK Tried to reload it.
    I get this error
    1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '#######upgrade_exceptions' at line 1
    in:
    [DROP TABLE IF EXISTS #######upgrade_exceptions;]

I don't know how to fix it. Any thoughts?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax

Sounds like the version of MySQL you have installed either doesn't support the DROP...IF EXISTS syntax (which means it's very old), or you don't have sufficient user permissions to do so.

Either that or the XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX prefix which you blanked-out contains invalid characters for a MySQL command.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

It worked ok the day before and the xxxxx out is just the company name.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Okay. That can be confusing for sure.

The syntax of the statement is fine, provided the xxxxxx table-prefix doesn't contain characters other than numbers and letters and underscores.

Perhaps your unique setup may require you to manually drop the tables before re-installing.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

?????????? I wish they had a smiley that would show a dumb look. lol

OK, I had to put it away for a bit today. But, I did contact the tech support for my web site this morning. He reloaded the MySQL even though he didn't think there was a problem with it.

I then emptied my recycle bid and the zen cart directory that I had created. As per the tech's idea(I think I did this in the first place) I uploaded the zen cart folder but not to the html area of my website.

I then created a folder in the html area and copied the zen folder to it. The idea is not to have to upload it every time.

I went through the installation set up and on the first check, it did NOT show another version of zen cart present.

It failed for the same error code.

So I retried the installation, this time it said there was another version present but it could not determine what version.

It still failed.

Then I went onto another project that might make me some money.

Now you mention a unique setup??????? Could this of changed from one upload to another?

You say "manually drop the tables", I say ?????????????? ok sure, from where and how?

Every one I talked to at the tech dept. said the same, its a problem with the table loading. But I haven't found anything here and no one has been able to tell me how or where to fix it.

Don't you love it when a some what simple project turns into an ordeal?

Plugin Contributions

DrByte
    Your first diagnosis was correct "or you don't have sufficient user permissions to do so." That statement kept coming back to me, soooooooooo
    I went into my data base it nose around, yeah know, to see it I can find something odd.
    Well as time went by, I noticed my @localhost name <Ding the bell rang> it wasn't the same one I was using in the installer. This was my default log in. <bright light goes on>
    So I went back to the installer, used my default name,didn't mess with anything else and.............................................

Well I'll be zened
    IT WORKED !!!!!!!!!!! No problems, no errors.
    Thank you very much for your time and wisdom.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I'm glad you got it working.

I'm hoping that this is a test environment and not the "live" place where you plan to host your site ... because .... if your tech dept doesn't understand what it means to "drop tables" you are ... well ... how do I say this ... um ... not in the best hands.

Quote Originally Posted by yd29999 View Post
    You say "manually drop the tables", I say ?????????????? ok sure, from where and how?

Every one I talked to at the tech dept. said the same, its a problem with the table loading. But I haven't found anything here and no one has been able to tell me how or where to fix it.
    There are many tools available to manage your MySQL database data contents. Some of them are browser-based such as phpMyAdmin. Some are windows-based such as mysqlcc or sqlyog etc. These can be used to manage tables and data at the "raw" level. Any system administrator responsible for database services should understand the existence and purpose of these tools and, more importantly, how to use them.

My point is not to slam your IT folks. I'm merely pointing out that when you decide to take this site live, you should check to be sure that the folks managing your site's database server have expertise in that area ... and the comment you posted above suggests otherwise.

Again, glad you got it working !!

Plugin Contributions

Well DrByte, you are right, the first two techs were not all that helpful. The last one was good, he even loaded created a table and tested it. Basically, it was something on my end. me.

Yes, I am not live with this yet, alot of work to do first.

Again, thank you for your help.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You're welcome. Good luck !!