Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

customer issue URGENT: Do not allow login until approved

Is there any way to prevent a new user from logging in until their account has been approved?

I setup this store using the DUAL PRICING MOD and everything works OK when using the settings below but need to prevent new users from logging in until approved.

Customer Shop Status - View Shop and Prices (0)
    Customer Approval Status - Authorization Pending (3)

I am using several pieces of code to hide things from users when not logged in and need to make sure that new customers who sign up for an account cannot log-in until they are approved. I have already tried all of the different combination of settings in Admin/Customer Details to no avail.

PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS URGENT CONCERN - Thank You!!!

Plugin Contributions

Default Request: Do not allow login until approved

I would like to find a way to restrict customers from logging in until their account is approved.

Please help - THANKS!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: URGENT: Do not allow login until approved

Admin->Configuration->Customer Details

There are two settings to deal with. I think you're after #1 below:
    Code:
    Customer Shop Status - View Shop and Prices
    Customer must be approved to shop
    0= Not required
    1= Must login to browse
    2= May browse but no prices unless logged in
    3= Showroom Only

It is recommended that Option 2 be used for the 
    purposes of Spiders if you wish customers to login to see prices.
    Code:
    Customer Approval Status - Authorization Pending
    Customer must be Authorized to shop
    0= Not required
    1= Must be Authorized to Browse
    2= May browse but no prices unless Authorized
    3= Customer May Browse and May see Prices but Must be Authorized to Buy

It is recommended that Option 2 or 3 be used for the purposes of Spiders

NOTE: This is addressed in eStart Your Web Store With Zen Cart in chapter 14, pages 223-224.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Have a Drink Re: URGENT: Do not allow login until approved

DrByte,
    Thanks again for for all your assistance: past, present, and future!

I have the Dual Pricing module installed and working correctly using the settings below in Customer Details:

Customer Shop Status = 0
    Customer Approval Status = 3

With these settings (and some custom code to hide certain elements) customers who are not logged in can see the base retail price. Customers who sign up and log-in can see the wholesale pricing and options, and can order online. The problem is that ALL CUSTOMERS MUST BE APPROVED before they can view wholesale pricing and options or place an order. What I need to do is NOT ALLOW CUSTOMERS TO LOG-IN UNTIL APPROVED.

Is there any way to prevent the customer from logging in until they are manually approved??? It seems like there should some way to add a "check for customers authorization status" to the login page.

Plugin Contributions

"Is there any way to prevent the customer from logging in until they are manually approved???"

The answer is yes. As DrByte stated. Under Admin->Configuration->Customer Details in the admin menu. You set 'Customer Shop Status' to 1 and 'Customer Approval Status' to 1. When they sign up for an account their account status will be pending until you 'manually' change it to approved. They won't be able to login until you have changed it to approved.

Plugin Contributions

Customer Approval Status = 1 - Customers have to be manually approved before they can login - When they sign up they can't login until you approve them after which they can login anytime they want

Misread question first time and rules forced me to post a second time because my '7 minute' time limit ran out.

Plugin Contributions

Have you tried the settings of 1:
    Customer Shop Status - View Shop and Prices
    Customer must be approved to shop
    0= Not required
    1= Must login to browse
    2= May browse but no prices unless logged in
    3= Showroom Only

It is recommended that Option 2 be used for the purposes of Spiders if you wish customers to login to see prices.
    Set to 1:
    Customer Approval Status - Authorization Pending
    Customer must be Authorized to shop
    0= Not required
    1= Must be Authorized to Browse
    2= May browse but no prices unless Authorized
    3= Customer May Browse and May see Prices but Must be Authorized to Buy

It is recommended that Option 2 or 3 be used for the purposes of Spiders
    Then you can also turn off the Left and Right column if you want ...

This makes the person hit the site and only see the login ...

Once logged in ... they see the approval page until approved and the header, footer, left and right column unless turned off ... those are located just beneath these two settings ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

NOTE: if you run into an issue on Down for Maintenance you need to change the case statement on line 61 of the:
    /includes/init_includes/init_customer_auth.php

to read:
    PHP Code:
      case ((DOWN_FOR_MAINTENANCE == 'true') && !in_array($_GET['main_page'], array(FILENAME_LOGOFFFILENAME_PRIVACYFILENAME_CONTACT_USFILENAME_CONDITIONSFILENAME_SHIPPING))):

// on special pages, if DFM mode is "relaxed", allow access to these pages

if ($down_for_maint_flag && DOWN_FOR_MAINTENANCE_TYPE == 'relaxed') {

zen_redirect(zen_href_link(DOWN_FOR_MAINTENANCE_FILENAME));
        }
      break; 
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks to all who have replied!

None of the suggestions so far allow me to accomplish my goal, please let me explain again:

DUAL PRICING MODULE INSTALLED & WORKING (details below)
    Customer Shop Status = 0
    Customer Approval Status = 3

RETAIL CUSTOMERS (END-USERS)
    Customers who are not logged in see base retail price but quantity prices, options, and add to cart are not visible (hidden with check for log-in code).

WHOLESALE DISTRIBUTORS (MUST BE APPROVED)
    Customers who create an account can now log-in and see wholesale prices, quantity pricing, options, and add to order.

I guess the problem I'm having is due in part to the fact that I'm using the Dual Pricing module and trying to allow non registered customers to view basic information but restrict registered users from logging in until approved, this allows my client to ensure that the creator of the new account is a valid Distributor and not an end-user; as end-users cannot view wholesale/qty pricing, options, or order online.

I have already tried ALL of the combinations between Shop Status and Approval Status and cannot come up with a suitable solution. I guess what I need is a way to add some custom code to the login to check the [customers_authorization] status in the database, this is where the approval flag is set - right? Then allow them to login only if the flag is set to "approved".

Just to reiterate: Everything works fine now, but need to stop new users from logging in until their account is approved. Log-in allowed for "approved" Distributor access only.

Thanks again for any and all assistance!!!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Sounds like you need a custom code-rewrite and/or enhancements to the dual-pricing mod you've installed.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast