Plugin Contributions

help question Need help With Information Box About Us Links

I have Zen cart 1.3.7 and the web address to my site is www.godlytreasure.com. About a week ago i installed the about us page add on to my site. I followed the directions and when i finnished my information box had the link BOX_INFORMATION_ABOUT_US, instead of About Us. but when i looked at the information.php file on the line it told me to add:

$information[] = '<a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_ABOUT_US) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_ABOUT_US . '</a>';

I changed the part that says BOX_INFORMATION_ABOUT_US to About_Us. This did change the link in the information box, however it will not allow me to take out the _ between the two words. I'm sure im trying to change this incorrectly, so if anyone knows the right spot to change this please let me know.

I also have another similar issue that fits into this category. When you go into the about us page at the top of the page it says Heading_Title. I would like to change this to about us. I also need to change the title of the delivery info link so that it matches the name on the link. please explain this in good detail because im very new to this all. Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Need help With Information Box About Us Links

I just did this and made a page called Links in the information box. Go to this link and download the About Us Page zip and follow the directions. It works,
    Keith

the URL is http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...ex&cPath=40_47

** EDITED *** Never ever post in a forum, email, newsletter etc. the zenid or zenAdminID or you will be doomed!!
    Last edited by Ajeh; 16 Mar 2007 at 07:43 AM.

Plugin Contributions

What you were seeing was the name of the constant BOX_INFORMATION_ABOUT_US because its value ('About Us') was missing or improperly defined.
    To see where it is defined, go to admin > tools > Developer's Toolkit, enter BOX_INFORMATION_ABOUT_US in the lower left box, choose "all files" and Search. Edit the file where the constant is defined, and put the one you changed back as it was.

Plugin Contributions

hello
    I'm having lots of trouble changing the information in the sideboxes. I've tried all the suggestions on the forum and nothing works properly and I don't know what I am doing wrong.
    I've just tried adding the 'about us' page and that won't work either. When I follow the instructions I get 'BOX_INFORMATION_ABOUT_US' in the sidebox and 'error message page not found' when I click on the link.
    I was a bit uncertain about following the instructions with the About us file. I wasn't sure how to rename the four MYTEMPLATE folders to be the same name as my main template or what folder to upload them to.
    I've spent a couple of days just trying to do this so I have tried everything I can think of
    thanks

Plugin Contributions

I've just had a similar experience. After following all the directions to create a page that was named as I wanted, and uploading everything exactly as the instructions directed, I ended up with BOX_INFORMATION_ABOUT_US in the information box. The link was working, but showed that text.

The solution, at least in 1.3.8, seems to be to go to includes/languages/english.php, and add the follow line around like 138, where you will find the "// information box text in sideboxes/information.php" heading.

define('BOX_INFORMATION_MY_PAGENAME, 'Desired Link Text);

Replace MY_PAGENAME with ABOUT_US or whatever you changed it over to, and change Desired Link Text to whatever you want that link to say.