Plugin Contributions

Default Pre-Installation Questions

Hi All.

We are looking at ZenCart for our website (fidgets.net) and I had a couple of questions about it before we commit.

How easy is it to extract customer contact and order(s) information from ZenCart, for the purpose of importing into Excel (orders) and Address Book (contact information)?

Was also curious if anyone has their store setup to handle POs? We get that request all the time, and I would love for the store to be able to handle this.

Thank you.
    Eric, Fidgets.Net

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Pre-Installation Questions

We are looking at ZenCart for our website (fidgets.net) and I had a couple of questions about it before we commit.

What's to commit other than time? It's free, you can put it on your current hosting account in a folder.

How easy is it to extract customer contact and order(s) information from ZenCart, for the purpose of importing into Excel (orders) and Address Book (contact information)?

Have you used phpadmin before? All you have to do is export the customer info using phpadmin, and it will export as an excell or csv if you wish.

Was also curious if anyone has their store setup to handle POs? We get that request all the time, and I would love for the store to be able to handle this.

You can set it up that way with the zencart free credit card service. It's not really a card, it's simply a testing tool, but just change the name of it to PO's and it should work for you.

Let me know if you need any help. I'll even set you up with a free hosting account for a week if you want to test it out.