Plugin Contributions

Default Minimum character problem - signing up

This is my first post and have a problem i'm a bit unsure about. When signing up as a new customer. I've set the min values for fields such as street address, City etc.. to zero in Admin, and I've edited out the * next to those fields. So I only require the First and Last name, email address as well as their password.

Yet when I submit the form i get an dialog telling me that those fields ' must contain a minimum of 0 characters'. I thought that if the min values were set to 0 then that would mean it would no longer be a required field.

For what it's worth, I've attached the error message.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Minimum character problem - signing up

In v1.3.7, there is code on the create_account page (in /includes/modules/pages/create_account/jscript_form_check.php) which catches the "min: 0" case and skips those error messages.

If you copy that file into the /includes/modules/pages/login folder, replacing the existing one there, you'll have the same updated logic on the "login" page, which is where I assume you're seeing the problem you reported.

(note: yes, there are 2 placees where the new-signup fields are presented ... login and create_account ... you could go to the Admin->Configuration->Layout settings to enable "use split login" so that the create-account info doesn't appear on the login page anymore)

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.