Plugin Contributions

Default Help with changing the "Sales Message Goes Here" text

Hello all,

I'm having a problem changing the "Sales Message Goes Here" text. The tutorial give me the following instruction:
    "To change the “Sales Message Goes Here” or “Tagline Here” text to say what you want open the includes/languages/english/header.php file in your text editor. Find the following line of code: define('HEADER_SALES_TEXT', 'Tagline Here'); Replace the tagline text with your own text, making sure that the single quote marks are not left out." ....which I did but no change occurs. My confusion lies in the next set of instructions which says "Save the edited file to includes/languages/english/custom/header.php and upload it to your server." My question is, am I being told to save the file that I editted in a different location or am I being told to change the name of the file to this new file? Please help!!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Help with changing the "Sales Message Goes Here" text

https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?category=4

Before making any changes, you need to set up your own custom template override. See the above FAQs.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I appreciate your advice about referring to the tutorial but that's where my problem lies, because I'm doing what the tutorial suggests but I'm still getting the same results...the message either stays the same or I end up having to delete Zen Cart and reinstall it which is a pain

Since I am new to this type of thing I know I must be missing an important step but I can't figure out what that step is. I've changed the wording to the recommended file (header.php) and I've tried sending it to the Classics folder but that does not work. Again, either the header text stays the same or I end up with an error message so I end up deleting Zen Cart and starting over.

Can you walk me through the procedure step by step?

Plugin Contributions

Could the problem be that I save my editted file to the wrong "classic" folder? I put it in the folder with the "empty text" file.

Plugin Contributions

That is most likely the problem. What is the full path name of the folder to which you saved the file?
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

I would like to know how to change the sales message also. I do not even know how to get to that text editor section. Cannot locate it. What hope do I have? HELP!