Plugin Contributions

Default The e-start book

I am trying to buy the new zen cart guide book BUT the lulu shopping cart simply will not work for me (maybe they should use zen cart). As i cannot buy the book from there is there another way to purchase the book? I use Mac OS X and lulu will not accept any php uploads hence I cannot even get support from their forums. A book site that you cannot buy books..clever. I know this may be a bit off track but thanks in advance if anyone can help.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: The e-start book

Curious. I'm not having any problems with lulu and OSX. And maybe I'm being dense, but why are you trying to do a php upload? If I were lulu I'd block that too.

Unfortunately the book is only available at lulu at present. On another thread the author explains that the deep, deep discounts demanded by Amazon (for example) make it uneconomic [for self-published books] to sell through that channel.

Have you contacted lulu customer support? They have email and chat available.
    Last edited by kuroi; 6 Mar 2007 at 10:04 AM.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for highlighting the problem.

I have previously tested it on Mac OS X and Windows and there didn't seem to be a problem. Maybe its just one of those things that happens after their recent server maintenance a few days back.

If you already checked that Javascript is enabled for your web browser and the purchase still does not go through, may I suggest you go to the book's support site (www.cucumbermedia.com) and click on the green button which says "Buy Now @ lulu.com". You should be taken directly to the shopping cart page in Lulu to complete your purchase.

If that still does not work, let me know and I will bring this matter up to Lulu personally. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience caused.

And, btw, I can't agree more that it'd have been so much better if they used Zen Cart for their store.
    Goh Koon Hoek, author of "e-Start Your Web Store with Zen Cart".
    Printed book: www.lulu.com/content/10576284
    Electronic book and Errata: www.cucumbermedia.com/store

Plugin Contributions

Kuroi - sorry did not explain myself well enough. i was not uploading php files merely observing that all their pages with forms to fill in are php's. none of these forms will work from either of my two macs one running os X 3.9 and one the latest OS X 4. After trying to submit they just hang. As for chat help that failed too, just crashed. i could not find an actual email address to write to, everything was form based php files that just hang.

Canopy tried your link. Same problem. i get to the cart click on checkout go to shipping address form. Fill it in and go continue. Form hangs for a long time then returns me to the first stage of the cart. I cannot get beyond the first page of the cart. I shop lots on-line and have never had such problems. Hope they just don't like Aussies....

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

I have highlighted this problem to Lulu and will get back to you once I get a reply from them.

Plugin Contributions

Pak, I have a response from Lulu.

Please contact them with your checkout problem via orders AT lulu DOT com.

Remember to provide them the following information besides the problem description you mentioned in your previous posts:
    Content ID: 466605
    Browser: Safari?
    Operating System: Mac OS X 3.9 and Mac OS X 4.0.

Plugin Contributions

I just got my book to-day and even though I haven't had time to get through much but it looks great and I like the big size of the book and the layout.

Will ge back when I have more things tested but so far so good.
    "Buy the book, its great to have a Hard copy in front of you to read step by step, money well spent."
    http://www.zen-cart.com/book