Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default how to sell high res images allowing download after paying? Gallery2

Hi all,
    one of my customers would be able to sell his photograps using zencart.
    It should be able to upload the high res images on the server (can he do this using using the zen-cart admin pages?) and then the low res images for browsing and viewing (before paying) are automatically created and uploaded.

After paying, the client should be able to download the high res images he paid for.

But I'm a newbie to zen-cart and it seems that you cannot upload high res images easily.
    You have to upload the high res images by hand (using an FTP client) and the re-upload the low res images using, for example, Image handler 2.0.

Is this right or am I missing something here?

I would like to set a simple system that allow the customer to upload his high res images and all other task are carried out automatically (low res images are auto created and downloadable images area already in place).

Is there someone that can help me understand?

Thanks you very much for your collaboration.

gargiulo

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: how to sell high res images allowing download after paying?

The LOW RES image is a descriptive element, used to augment and support the product description. It goes into the IMAGES folder.

The HIGH RES image is a PRODUCT, and must be available for download. It goes into the DOWNLOADS folder (preferably ZIPPED UP).

And YES... You should always use a GOOD Ftp program to upload files to the server.
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

While the uploading is an issue, I think the major concern with photo sites is the management of multiple images, particularly on high turnover sites like wedding photos, events etc, where many photos could be added or removed on a daily or weekly basis.
    The usual solution for this so far is to use one of the gallery packages to manage the photos, with some sort of integration with an ecommerce shop product.
    Hareslade did some work recently on Zen Cart customisation for photo products, as well as Singapore Gallery integration. A forum search should find the links.
    I also have a beta upgraded Gallery2 and Zen Cart 1.3.7 integration if you're interested in testing/using it.

Rgds,
    Chuck

Plugin Contributions

Chuck is absolutely right...

Gallery2 is excellent for this purpose - we use it on some of our sites too. While it DOES integrate with Zen Cart, we have it as a "stand-alone".
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckl View Post
    Hareslade did some work recently on Zen Cart customisation for photo products, as well as Singapore Gallery integration. A forum search should find the links.
    I also have a beta upgraded Gallery2 and Zen Cart 1.3.7 integration if you're interested in testing/using it.
    Chuck
    Hi Chuck,
    I can't find any post by Hereslade (or slade).
    About your beta, I would be glad to beta test it.

TIA

Gagiulo

Plugin Contributions

No prob Gagulio, I've attached a zip with (I hope) all the files, including a readme with some notes.
    Hareslades site is at

http://www.hareslade.com/zc/index.php

if you're interested in what he's done. He was very active a couple of months back developing a photo gallery type product for Zen Cart. I've been meaning to follow up to check on cross integrating it with the Gallery2 mod, but time.....

Rgds,
    Chuck
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plugin Contributions

Hi Chuckl,

I am setting up Gallery2 and wanted to use the ZenCart module...just cannot seem to get the Gallery2 integration module to accept the path. I tried downloading ZC 1.3.7, then tried 1.2.7 - no dice.

Do you think your integration module may help me facilitate this?

Many thanks,
    Mary

Plugin Contributions

Hi Mary, Sorry I missed your post, hence a very belated reply. Yes, this is a 'fixed' version of the gallery2 summer of code contribution. There can be severe path issues, fixed by a Gallery2 mod setting and changing one Z C table in some instances.

Rgds,

Chuck

Plugin Contributions

Hi Mary, Sorry I missed your post, hence a very belated reply. Yes, this is a 'fixed' version of the gallery2 summer of code contribution. There can be severe path issues, fixed by a Gallery2 mod setting and changing one Z C table in some instances.

Rgds,

Chuck
    Hi Chuck, thank you for the reply! Much appreciated.

I have installed ZC and G2 per the directions in the readme, but for the life of me, I just cannot get Gallery2 to accept the ZenCart path I provide, which is absolute. So I wonder if the ZC table is my hiccup. I think i have a "severe" path issue...grin.

Mary

Plugin Contributions

The main issues directly related to paths are as follows:

You need to change the Zen Cart product table to enable slightly longer paths than may be usual for Zen Cart - Run the following SQL in Admin-Tools-SQL Patch or PHPAdmin/your favourite SQL manager.

ALTER TABLE `PREFIX_products` CHANGE `products_image` `products_image` VARCHAR
    (255)

The PREFIX bit is just there in case you use a prefix on your Zen Cart tables - zen_ or similar. If not, it's just 'products'.
    In Gallery2 module options, it is almost always necessary to enable 'long thumbnail URL's'.

Finally, what I think you are saying is a problem, you need to specify a 'path to zencart files'. This is the same path as the entry in your Zen Cart configure.php for FS_CATALOG e.g.

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/var/www/webs/web/');

the /var/www..... bit.

Then the crucial but unstated bits - both ZC and G2 must be installed on the same 'website'.
    You probably could them to work on 2 separate domains, but I don't even want to think about the permissions involved. My usual is install Zen Cart in the web root folder - public_html or whatever, with Gallery2 in a /gallery or /g2 folder below that.
    Same user from both to access the common database. Again, not essential, but permissions come back to bite you.
    Create an empty product category in Zen Cart into which Gallery2 can place the images. Do not even think about using the root, or highest level category. Here be dragons.
    And of course, use only the files posted, the original files for Zen Cart 1.2.5 etc do NOT work with 1.3.X.
    If you could post any error messages you are getting, I can perhaps dig further. I certainly went through exactly such issues with paths when I first started with this.

Rgds,

Chuck

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast