Plugin Contributions

help question XAMPP 1.6.0a - information required

Hi I am new to all this. I am currently downloading XAMPP 1.6.0a. Will this version work fine with ZENCART? Is there anything else I need to download to run Zencart of my computer? Can I setup everthing and just upload to my webserver. My webserver is running windows. Will it all be compatible?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: XAMPP 1.6.0a - information required

I use easy php for this but xamp is similar....and yes you can zip up the files and upload make the configure.php corrections and be good to go on a LINUX server, if the Win server is set with the correct pieces to allow Zen Cart to run there should be no issues.
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

My computer has WinXP pro. I am now going to install xampp. My webhost is running on Windows. Will that all work? So I can build my entire site on my computer and just upload it. What should I look out for on the win server to make sure it works?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Well I am a 'nix person but some of the same things apply, the php version, mysql ver, Apache ver...and settings in each

You might check the install on win forum here for a list of these for a win server.

As to the other things, yes, yes , and yes

But I would be using the template and override system and also load to a web server and you can upload changes easily as these will only be the edited files. The reason is to obtain assistance for most issues requires seeing the site and many, myself included, will not respond to a functional post that does not include a site url.
    Last edited by kobra; 7 Mar 2007 at 10:39 PM.
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten