Plugin Contributions

Default Strange Problem...

HI,

I have a strange problem with the latest zencart version when I create a category page with text and graphics, it will show up fine.

As soon as I add a product to the category, the text and graphics describing the category disappears and only the products show up.

The odd part is it doesn't happen like that all the time. I have plenty of category descriptions and products showing up on the same page, but some of them just don't seem to want to work correctly.

I've checked the settings between various categories and products and they all appear to be the same. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanx in advance...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Strange Problem...

URL to this problem?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Ahh.. problem solved... It turns out that you need more than one product in the category before the category description will show up. For some weird reason, having only one product does not allow the category description to show. It took several hours of screwing around with this until I finally tried adding a second product. What a waste of time and energy... but at least my client isn't crying any more.

I originally posted this in the bugs section of the forums, but it was totally ignored... which doesn't testify well to the usefulness of this program to web developers. This is only my 4th installation of zencart, and I'll probably go back to osCommerce where at last the forums elicit a response or two.

And, this does sound like a (minor) bug to me.

Plugin Contributions

This was designed to work this way intentionally ...

Naturally, being Zen Cart, there is a switch to turn ON/OFF this behavior if you just have to have a 1 product category and just have to have the Product Listing for it ...

Configuration ... Layout Settings ...
    Skip 1-prod Categories
    Skip single-product categories
    If this option is set to True, then if the customer clicks on a link to a category which only contains a single item, then Zen Cart will take them directly to that product-page, rather than present them with another link to click in order to see the product.
    Default: True
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!