Plugin Contributions

Default CC module changes

Hello,

I would like my Credit card module to guide the user to my bank website where the customer can enter his card number and when all is done the customer get back to my shop. (It will accelerate the delivery of the item by being automated)

Is there any way to make this possible ?

thank you

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: CC module changes

You can only do this with a dedicated payment gateway module. There are SOME of these available as bolt-on modules.

The cc module in zen is just an OFFLINE system that captures the cc info and relays it to you via an e-mail and a reference in the actual order.

You then have to complete the process by using a epos machine, connected to your cc merchant bank (like a normal retailer does).. But for distance selling, this is called a CNP transaction (Customer Not Present).

Most (if not ALL) banks frown on manual cc modules in webshops - they are not very secure ways to gather cc information.

In almost all cases, a bank will NOT ALLOW cc info to be collected in this way and specifically indicate this in their merchant agreements.

Your bank will be in a position to advise you on realtime payment gateways, and some have a module that can be used in zen cart.

You can consider using PROTX or NETBANX or even PAYPAL. The procedures are quite detailed, and you will first need to set everything up with your bank, and then also with one of these gateways.

PAYPAL is the easiest to use, and to set up, and version 1.3.7 (with several update patches) now handles PAYPAL very well.

It took me about an hour (from start to finish) to set up my first PAYPAL IPN (Instant Payment Notification) - including setting up the account on paypal, configuring the paypal side, installing the module on zen cart and putting through a couple of test orders.

Do a lot of reading about this first, both on this forum and in the knowledgebase.
    19 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: CC module changes

Thank you it's what I wanted to know, and for the CC it's just an additionnal payment way paypal is already fine with me