Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Multi Dimensional Quantities Module

Quote Originally Posted by kappaluppa View Post
    I've contact the developer on this module again and asked him to release it. He will be supporting it, so I need to let him do it. Apparently, he has written many modules so wasn't sure which one I was referring to when I asked him to release it. So, now that I've let him know, I'm sure it will be soon.

PS
    He wrote another REALLY REALLY cool mod for us which is a comparison module. It allows you to choose several items and do a side by side comparison with many options. We already have it use in a beta project. He'll release that one soon too.
    You have the MDQ module in your possession, right? Send me a copy and, in your honor, I will name my first-born "Kappaluppa".

Or better yet, just go ahead and upload what you've got to the downloads section so that we all can enjoy it. Even if its still in beta, plenty of us would love to start molesting it in its premature state.

Your developer can always step in and offer support later once he's got a little more free time, so why not go ahead and release it? We'll gladly beg if that's what it takes- just say the word.

Last edited by 01011010; 13 Dec 2007 at 09:26 AM. Reason: None?

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: Multi Dimensional Quantities Module

Well, it's been over a month now since Kappaluppa asked his dev to release the download, and nothing has happened. I'm not sure what is going on, but at this rate it certainly doesn't look like we're going to be getting our MDQ modules by christmas (or ever, for that matter).

I guess our only option at this point is to redevelop (for the third time now! Can you fking believe this BS?!) another MDQ module.

If I'm the only one financially floating this boat, I will wind up recuperating my expenses by selling copies of the finished module. If others want to pitch in, then we can hopefully make it free. I don't really care at this point which route we take, I just want MDQ capabilities and I want them ASAP.

I believe the right thing to do is to give the Zen-Cart forum members first dibs on the project. I'll try to take this route first. If someone competent happens to be reading this, go ahead and contact me and we can talk.

If you would like to invest in this endeavor (every little bit will count!), go ahead and post in this thread as a show of hands.

Let's make that saying "third time is a charm" true for MDQ.

01011010 aka Zach Maier

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    Well, it's been over a month now since Kappaluppa asked his dev to release the download, and nothing has happened. I'm not sure what is going on, but at this rate it certainly doesn't look like we're going to be getting our MDQ modules by christmas (or ever, for that matter).

I guess our only option at this point is to redevelop (for the third time now! Can you fking believe this BS?!) another MDQ module.

If I'm the only one financially floating this boat, I will wind up recuperating my expenses by selling copies of the finished module. If others want to pitch in, then we can hopefully make it free. I don't really care at this point which route we take, I just want MDQ capabilities and I want them ASAP.

I believe the right thing to do is to give the Zen-Cart forum members first dibs on the project. I'll try to take this route first. If someone competent happens to be reading this, go ahead and contact me and we can talk.

If you would like to invest in this endeavor (every little bit will count!), go ahead and post in this thread as a show of hands.

Let's make that saying "third time is a charm" true for MDQ.

01011010 aka Zach Maier
    Well lets hope it doesn't have to come to reinventing it for the third time. It is strange that the developer hasn't at least come on this thread to let us know even the smallest of information. Has he started another thread or something without letting us know??

I mean what the hell is going on? This module was ready to go as per the posts over a month ago and then the developer got confused which module he was suppose to upload.

Sounds like a little disorganization if you ask me. But what do I know.??

Please just let us know developer if we are to wait or are we going to have to move on and let Zach get this module finally available.

But I do agree that it has been far too long. I have been needing this module since August.

Zach if you do need help with monetary contributions I will put my hand up.
    Thanks
    Supersnow

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by supersnow View Post
    ...It is strange that the developer hasn't at least come on this thread to let us know even the smallest of information. Has he started another thread or something without letting us know??

I mean what the hell is going on? This module was ready to go as per the posts over a month ago and then the developer got confused which module he was suppose to upload.

Sounds like a little disorganization if you ask me. But what do I know.??
    Two possible reasons I can think of:

1. We have seen NO PROOF of the second MDQ module whatsoever, so it's possible that it does not actually exist. In other words, this is all one giant conspiracy to make me angry. Far fetched, I know, but at this point it's possible.

2. The module is not yet (and may never be) fully complete, and/or is hard coded into Kappa's existing site, making it impossible/difficult to share as a module. Essentially, it will be a lot of work for the developer to share MDQ, which he probably does not care to do because he's not getting paid for it (or rather, does not know that we'll pay him for it).

Money talks. Assuming that we're not dealing with Reason #1, we could most likely speak to him in Moolahvian and make things happen. If only we knew who he was and could reach him.

Say, Kappa, would you mind PM'ing me with your developers name/email/phone/cell/home address/social security number/gps coordinates? All of us MDQ followers would like to see your website as well, since so far we've only seen jpegs and non-columnar examples; a little live action would be encouraging.

Otherwise, I'll probably shell out tons of cash and time, and Kappa's version will miraculously be released (free of charge, no less!) just before my version is ready. If I'm going to do this, I would like to talk to Kappa's developer to see whether this is a possible scenario... A bit of detective work may be in order if we don't hear anything soon.

Zach Maier

Plugin Contributions

I am setting up a t-shirt store right now and I really need this module as well. Can someone compile a list of every feature you all would like to have in the module? I will take this list to my programmer and if he can do it for a reasonable amount I will release the mod.

Plugin Contributions

I've contact the developer on this module again and asked him to release it. He will be supporting it, so I need to let him do it. Apparently, he has written many modules so wasn't sure which one I was referring to when I asked him to release it. So, now that I've let him know, I'm sure it will be soon.
    If you paid to have a module devloped it belongs to you and you can release it because it should be GNU/GPL in order to be compatible with Zen Cart.

So - if you have the code release it or stop teasing folks.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

I agree with ambition lets build up a spec list so this thing can be created once and for all. I also have a website that needs to use multi level attributes and I could use this mod..

Plugin Contributions

The features I have planned, in no particular order:

1. Individual prices for each matrix.

2. Price listed below each matrix. This is important for feature #1.

3. The ability to disable individual matrices (perhaps by entering a value of $0.00 or a character). Example: I need to sell colors Red, Green and Blue in sizes Small, Medium and Large, but I don't offer Green Large or Red Small.

4. Adjustable (preferably automatic) matrix size for each product. Some products require more/fewer columns/rows.

5. Column headers. Possibly input as an attribute to allow easy inclusion of header images. Example: Small, Medium, Large.

6. Row headers. Possibly input as an attribute to allow easy inclusion of header images. Example: Red, Green, Blue.

7. Text based input for quick entry of prices (possibly even headers and categories as well). Being able to paste info straight from Excel would save a lot of time for products with dozens or hundreds of matrices. Even for a simple 3x3 product, typing "Small,Medium,Large;Red:1.00,1.25,1.50;Green:1.15,1.65,2.10;Blue:2.20,2.60,3 .45" would be far easier than dealing with any sort of "user friendly" interface.

8. The shopping cart should list the quantity correctly, which is as a sum of the entered matrix quantities. This will allow other (per item) attributes to function properly.

9. The shopping cart should list the entered matrix quantities as attributes, but in a slightly condensed (row based) format. Example: "Red: 3/Small, 1/Medium, 12/Large <break> Green: 6/Large <end>".

10. Each matrix separate inventory/stock. I don't need this feature at this time, but it would definitely be nice for some of my secondary projects. A lot of other users will probably demand this, so it would be best to go ahead and include it.

See attached Jpeg for quick visualization, including shopping cart example.

If you can get this done, Ambition, that would be awesome, as I'm busy enough as it is. Let us know what number you programmer comes up with. We're all ready to get this thing moving- me especially.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by 01011010; 29 Dec 2007 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Not telling.
    aka Zach Maier

Plugin Contributions

Which Einstein decided to limit gifs to 360 pixels high? That picture is worthless in its reduced state, and I also can't upload an Excel file... Great.

Reducing the image shaved off a whopping 2kb. Hooray for restrictions.

aka Zach Maier

Plugin Contributions

Stock take is a big item as keeping track of what is available to customer's to purchase is important. Having the amount available would be nice for some, for us we would prefer not to show so maybe this can be an optional display.

Not sure if this is a given but just wanted to add it in to just remind; not all products will need the matrix therefore it should be optional to be added to a product.

And the each product should be able to have different combinations that are set by the store owner, just like control with the attributes.
    Thanks
    Supersnow

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast