Plugin Contributions

help question Website Payments Pro: Payflow edition

Hi,

I understand that Website Payments Pro does not 'yet' function with Zen cart, but what about Website Payments Pro: Payflow edition?

I see there is a module for Payflow Pro, is it the same as Website Payments Pro: Payflow edition? Will it work?

Our products/services require the use of recurring billing, again I know that Zencart does not have a function for this, but I was told that there was a add-on on the Paypal side that supports it. Something like an additional $29.95 for it.

Does the module support recurring billing, or is it setup on the Paypal side?

Anyone information on this is greatly appreciated!

-Josh

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Website Payments Pro: Payflow edition

The Zen Cart modules do not presently have any support for recurring billing.

Support for Website Payments Pro is under development and will be released soon.
    The goal is to include both regular Website Payments Pro and Website Payments Pro Payflow Edition.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Perhaps it would be better for us to wait for the next version of Zen...
    Last edited by 52cardz; 16 Mar 2007 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Needed to be rephrased.

Plugin Contributions

What exactly is this Payflow edition thing? I've tried looking about on PayPal but can't find much about it.

Is this not the same as the Pro account then? What's the difference?

Does anyone know when the next version of Zen Cart is going to come out (with the Payments Pro support?)

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Website Payments Pro - Payflow Edition is the UK edition of Website Payments Pro.

The Website Payments Pro-US service allows US-based merchants to collect credit card payments without leaving your site. The US service allows you as a merchant to "bring your own bank" ... ie: bring your own existing merchant account and tie it in with the Payflow gateway service and still manage your transactions from the PayPal manager interface.

The UK service doesn't allow you to "bring your own bank". For UK merchants, PayPal *is* the merchant bank. It works the same, but you don't have the choice of which bank provides your merchant account services. One day that may change as PayPal builds more alliances with various european banks.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi all,

I've read many threads about Website Payments Pro and Payflow, and never have the explanations between the two been so clear. Thanks DrByte for chiming in with those.

And I know the dev team is hard at work, dedicating their own time to this project, working on the new release which will include support for these paypal services. But is there an ETA or rough timeline for release? Is the goal for May, "Summer", early 2008, etc? I honestly hate to ask and bug the developers, and I know I still am anyways, I just hoped to figure out how long out the release is. I really *do not* want to sign up with a service when I will be switching to paypal as soon as it's supported. The fewer people with my information file, the better :)

Kind regards,
    -Ed

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: Website Payments Pro: Payflow edition

Dr Byte- below on this post (in April) you said:

"Website Payments Pro - Payflow Edition is the UK edition of Website Payments Pro."

Some at Paypal sales just told me today that if i install your Payflow mod here in the US, I can use Web Payments Pro- Payflow Edition so shoppers don't leave my website and I can charge cards directly for phone orders. The one that's $29.95/month with no minimum fees, where Paypal acts as the bank.

Can you advise on this please? I feel like I'm missing something because it seems too easy and I know lots of peeps are waiting for the Website Payments Pro mod. I think for the reasons I mentioned above.

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Yes, you can.

The payflow module has some dependencies and doesn't work on "all" servers easily. But it "does" work on most.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the clarification!

Plugin Contributions

Just wanted to update- I couldn't get the Website Payments Pro: Payflow Edition working with my server. I don't quite understand why as my knowledge of PHP is limited, but something about the mod not being developed enough for the newest version of PHP. They run Linux, btw.

Sadly it was too good to be true Guess I'll just have to wait for 1.3.8...