Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Clarifying ZC issues w/ Web Site Payments Pro: It doesn't work yet in v1.3.7

This has been covered before in various previous threads, but
    thought I will clarify it here in one place.

Goal: you want your web site to take Paypal Express without account creation as well as credit cards through Paypal while staying on your web site. That is Paypal's new sales pitch (as well as their TOS for Web Site Payments Pro) and it works. Less administrative time for you the online store owner, and it makes it absolutely super easy for your customer.

SO:

1. ZC's Paypal Express Checkout works fine and uses the Paypal Signature-based API credentials.

2. However, no ZC module currently supports Paypal Direct Payment for credit cards, so you either have to go to another payment processor, or use a third party ZC plugin module (that works fine, by the way).

3. OK, so why not use both? THE PROBLEM IS: the third party plugin module uses certificate-based credentials. Paypal gives you a choice of signature-based credentials for your API, or certificate-based credentials for your API. AFAIK, YOU CANNOT USE BOTH. In order to switch, you have to remove one first, and then use the other.

4. Now, the third-party also has a module for Express Checkout. However, it doesn't allow Express Checkout without creating an account. THIS VIOLATES THE PAYPAL BUSINESS ACCOUNT TERMS OF SERVICE.

I have spent days working on my web site, and now for these reason it looks like I will have to rebuild it with another solution. I have products with expiration dates that are sitting on the shelves. I was just about to Paypal a bunch of money to ZC for the hard working guys at ZC support, but may not unless ZC supports Web Site Payments Pro like Paypal says they do (they don't).

Or has anyone been able to get Paypal to let you use both signature-based and certificate-based API credentials?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Clarifying ZC issues w/ Web Site Payments Pro

Support for Website Payments Pro will be available very shortly.
    Some unexpected development delays have prevented its release according to planned schedules.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Clarifying ZC issues w/ Web Site Payments Pro: It doesn't work yet in v1.3.7

Quote Originally Posted by teksimple View Post
    This has been covered before in various previous threads, but
    thought I will clarify it here in one place.

Goal: you want your web site to take Paypal Express without account creation as well as credit cards through Paypal while staying on your web site. That is Paypal's new sales pitch (as well as their TOS for Web Site Payments Pro) and it works. Less administrative time for you the online store owner, and it makes it absolutely super easy for your customer.

SO:

1. ZC's Paypal Express Checkout works fine and uses the Paypal Signature-based API credentials.

2. However, no ZC module currently supports Paypal Direct Payment for credit cards, so you either have to go to another payment processor, or use a third party ZC plugin module (that works fine, by the way).

3. OK, so why not use both? THE PROBLEM IS: the third party plugin module uses certificate-based credentials. Paypal gives you a choice of signature-based credentials for your API, or certificate-based credentials for your API. AFAIK, YOU CANNOT USE BOTH. In order to switch, you have to remove one first, and then use the other.

4. Now, the third-party also has a module for Express Checkout. However, it doesn't allow Express Checkout without creating an account. THIS VIOLATES THE PAYPAL BUSINESS ACCOUNT TERMS OF SERVICE.

I have spent days working on my web site, and now for these reason it looks like I will have to rebuild it with another solution. I have products with expiration dates that are sitting on the shelves. I was just about to Paypal a bunch of money to ZC for the hard working guys at ZC support, but may not unless ZC supports Web Site Payments Pro like Paypal says they do (they don't).

Or has anyone been able to get Paypal to let you use both signature-based and certificate-based API credentials?
    As a temporary solution you could have 2 separate paypal accounts but its more upkeep and I think it still may violate TOS in one way or another. Website Payments Pro is around the corner and I'd say its well worth the wait.. temporarily get a virtual terminal from paypal and process credit cards manually if you don't want to use the IPN/Express combo for a little while

Default Re: Clarifying ZC issues w/ Web Site Payments Pro

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Support for Website Payments Pro will be available very shortly.
    Some unexpected development delays have prevented its release according to planned schedules.
    When can we expect the release of a module for PayPal Web Site Payments Pro?
    Matthew Heald
    All Hot N' Bottled - Retail
    http://hotnbottled.com

Hot Shots Hot Sauce - Wholesale
    http://hotshotshotsauce.com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Clarifying ZC issues w/ Web Site Payments Pro: It doesn't work yet in v1.3.7

When it is finished.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Can you please be a little more specific than that?? I am in need of a cart, and was going to use Zen, but time is an issue.
    Thanks in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Sorry - I can not be more specific. I would suggest another form of payment be explored.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Can anyone suggest a GOOD authorizenet.com reseller then?
    Thanks,
    CindyZ

Plugin Contributions

Just do not use CardService International - their BBB record is deplorable. The PayPal express checkout works just great in Zen 1.3.7 - maybe you can get by with that until the Web Payment Pro module is working. I use 1st American and have no problems. HOWEVER, the merchant bank they use, Redmond in California, is nickel and diming me to death on hidden fees and charges. Watch out for companies that tell to 1.99% (or lower). It is amazing how many monthly charges actually come through at 3.33%. That being said - PayPal's 3% but no other surprises, is not so expensive.
    Whimsical Decor and Gifts ( www.bobkatgifts.net )

Plugin Contributions

Ok I feel like a total idiot here, but which is the paypal express. I cannot find that one the paypal site.??
    Thanks again,
    CindyZ

I found it. Thanks.
    Last edited by CindyZ; 13 Mar 2007 at 04:05 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast