Thread: What for?

Default What for?

If one does not wish to use PayPal, how then does one manage to receive payment using Zen-Cart?

If PayPal must be used, I see absolutely no reason to use Zen-Cart at all, when I can write my own "shop" using html and cgi and then STILL have to pay PayPal's "tricky" fees and exchange rates.

Can someone enlighten me on this?

Furthermore: There seems to be no direct support offered from Zen-Cart, i.e. a simple answer to a simple question from someone in the know. So, who knows?

Blackbird

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: What for?

If you wish to collect payment via credit card, you can use your banking merchant account to do that and collect payment directly online.
    There are some credit-card processing recommendations on the Partners page (see link at top of screen) if you are looking for ideas.

If you are new to the concept of "merchant accounts" and/or credit card processing, there are some FAQ articles that you may find enlightening. There are a number of forum discussions on the topic here as well. And of course your bank should be able to educate you on the concepts as well as the services available to you with your current banking plan or optional upgrades.

Alternatively, if you wish to accept check/money order, there's a built-in module for that as well.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.