Plugin Contributions

Default How do I make categories on main page appear horizontally with images?

Hi, on my carts main page, the categories and the associated images are displayed vertically (I have 3 categories) but I want them displayed horizontally. I've searched and seen references to the categories_tabs.php, but this is the main categories list with pictures.

The ironic thing is that I bought the Zen cart book, and on page 158 the sample has the images displayed horizontally....

I'm not sure if you'll see this rigt away, but my cart is here...

http://www.lifeonrecord.com/cart/

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do I make categories on main page appear horizontally with images?

Quote Originally Posted by aaelghat View Post
    Hi, on my carts main page, the categories and the associated images are displayed vertically (I have 3 categories) but I want them displayed horizontally. I've searched and seen references to the categories_tabs.php, but this is the main categories list with pictures.

The ironic thing is that I bought the Zen cart book, and on page 158 the sample has the images displayed horizontally....

I'm not sure if you'll see this rigt away, but my cart is here...

http://www.lifeonrecord.com/cart/
    Actually, its messing up because you or someone you know commented out this section here:

/*#logo, .centerBoxContents, .specialsListBoxContents, .categoryListBoxContents, .centerBoxContentsAlsoPurch, .attribImg {float: left;}
    */

If you want your logo not centered, you can just pull that out of the above list, and let the rest keep on floating left. Those items need the float left to show up side by side.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do I make categories on main page appear horizontally with images?

Also, is there a way to change the size of the category images on the main page? I see in the Admin section where I can change the size of the category image on some of the secondary pages, but not the main page. Thanks in advance...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by aaelghat View Post
    Also, is there a way to change the size of the category images on the main page? I see in the Admin section where I can change the size of the category image on some of the secondary pages, but not the main page. Thanks in advance...
    I believe those are set by the small image width/height.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Jettrue, you rock!!!

I played around with the category image size. The subcategory width and height changed the category image size (the small image width and height had no effect). Thanks again!!!