Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default How to turn off Free Shipping Image

Is there a way to turn off the 'Free Shipping' image from showing up in the product listing/description.

I don't want to charge shipping on some items because they are services, but I sell other products that I have to charge shipping on and it looks kinda goofy having the free shipping image show up on the services listings. I sell a handful of products that I don't charge shipping on so I want the image there.

At any rate, is there anyway to turn this image off on a per product basis? If not, how do I turn it off globally? If I have to do that I can add some text or something in the product description to indicate which products are free shipping.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to turn off Free Shipping Image

The Free Shipping Icon is controlled by the:
    Always Free Shipping ...

However, some like to use the Always Free Shipping but not display any icon to let their customers know there is a steal of a deal with no shipping ... why? who really knows ...

But this is possible ...

In the Catalog ... Product Types ... are settings on each Product Type in the Edit Layout ...

Default setting for when adding NEW Products (this is just the Always new shipping so you don't have to change it each time, such as Product Free Shipping is set to true and Product General is set to false):
    Product Free Shipping Default Status - Normal Shipping Rules - When adding new products?
    What should the Default Free Shipping status be when adding new products?
    Yes, Always Free Shipping ON
    No, Always Free Shipping OFF
    Special, Product/Download Requires Shipping

Show Free Shipping Icon on the Product Listing and Product Info Page ...
    Product Free Shipping Image Status - Catalog
    Show the Free Shipping image/text in the catalog?

NOTE: Services or VIRTUAL products do NOT charge Shipping by default as they are VIRTUAL ... meaning not PHYSICAL ... you do not need to mark those as Always Free Shipping ...

They have 0 weight ... there is nothing to add to shipping ...

A PHYSICAL Product with Free Shipping is marked as Always Free Shipping ... and/or has 0 weight and in either case the Shipping Module Free Shipping freeshipper should be installed to manage when this Always Free shipping product sells alone ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Okay, I turned off the Free Shipping Image as you described (thanks for that by the way), but I still see the image there. Do I have to re-submit the product again? Or should it take out the image?

Sorry to be such a bother, but Im not sure what Im missing. I have the new product parameter set to,No, Always Free Shipping OFF, so I can turn it on individually per product.

I appreciate the help.

Plugin Contributions

What version of Zen Cart are you running?

Have you an URL to where you see this?

What happens if you change to Classic template ... does it work now?
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I am running Zen Cart 1.3.5.

Here is a URL for you to see:
    http://www.syntheticshield.com/store...roducts_id=120

I am running the classic template I believe, but I will double check on that and report back if it is something different.

Again, thanks for your time and assistance, it is greatly appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

I don't have v1.3.5 handy ... note it is buggy and you should upgrade ...

That is not a clean Classic to help test if it is your template or not ...

You also have an Add-on that touches the page we are trying to test and we cannot tell if that is stopping this from working ...

Compare your files to the original from a clean Zen Cart v1.3.6 ... and seriously consider upgrading before going any further ... and then building your own template and overrides directories/template as you are really going to be sad ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

I have been meaning to upgrade, its just so labor intensive I have been putting it off, but I guess no is as good of a time as any.

I never got my head around the templates and overrides but maybe after I upgrade it will be time to do so.

I appreciate your help and I'll try and get those items taken care of and report back whether or not it fixed the issue. I guess if push came to shove I could always move or rename the image in the mean time so that it just doesnt show up, but that seems like such a hack Im reluctant to do so.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by SyntheticShield View Post
    Okay, I turned off the Free Shipping Image as you described (thanks for that by the way), but I still see the image there. Do I have to re-submit the product again? Or should it take out the image?

Sorry to be such a bother, but Im not sure what Im missing. I have the new product parameter set to,No, Always Free Shipping OFF, so I can turn it on individually per product.
    1. I am running 1.36. and I am in the same boat. All my products are of the type "Product - General" and I've set "Product Free Shipping Image Status - Catalog" to No. But the Free Shipping image still displays.

On the actual product page for: "Always Free Shipping:" I have set "Yes, Always Free Shipping".

I want the product to be free shipping but I don't want the Free Shipping image displayed on any products. Is there any method to do this via the admin menus?

To remove the image I can edit: includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/product_free_shipping.php

Line #25 : define('TEXT_PRODUCT_FREE_SHIPPING_ICON', zen_image(DIR_WS_TEMPLATE_IMAGES . 'always-free-shipping.gif', 'Always Free Shipping')); // for an image or comment out to use another

Or I could remove the following block of code from tpl_product_info_display.php:
    Code:
    <!--bof free ship icon  -->
    <?php if(zen_get_product_is_always_free_shipping($products_id_current)) { ?>
    <div id="freeShippingIcon"><?php echo TEXT_PRODUCT_FREE_SHIPPING_ICON; ?></div>
    <?php } ?>
    <!--eof free ship icon  -->
    (Or tpl_product_free_shipping_info_display.php if product was of a "Product - Free Shipping" product type).

But either of these manual methods would impact ALL products. Is there any method to disable "Free Shipping" image on some products but not others? Preferably via admin?

I do have qhome's Tabbed Products mod installed, if that matters.

2. And last question. How do I identify the product type of a specific product (that is how to identify the type AFTER the product was created)?

Thanks for any ideas.

Woody

Plugin Contributions

That icon is controlled on the product _info page by the setting ...

As there is no override for that, you can comment out the code or delete it in your template file ...

As to knowing the product type after creating the product it is in the products table in the field:
    products_type
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    That icon is controlled on the product _info page by the setting ... As there is no override for that, you can comment out the code or delete it in your template file ...
    Thanks for the info Linda.

If I comment out the code then that applies to all products?

Or If I set "Always Free Shipping:" to "No, Normal Shipping Rules" instead of "Yes, Always Free Shipping" the Free Shipping icon is not displayed. But then at checkout the customer is charged shipping.

So is there any way to set-up free shipping for some products (not charge shipping) and not display the Free Shipping icon ?

As to knowing the product type after creating the product it is in the products table in the field: products_type
    I take that means I can only view that info via phpmyadmin but not in Zen Cart admin?

Thanks,
    Woody

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast