Plugin Contributions

Default I'm not sure if this is a CSS question or an admin panel question....

I've installed the updated cart to 1.3.7, and have been reading through all this material and faq's, manuals, etc. with no results as to finding the answer to my question....

How do I size the store to fit 100 percent of the browser page? I was going to use the apple zen (which takes up the entire browser page and looks great), but it only allows for the right side of columns, and for the purpose of the design of this store, I need to have both columns. so, I was going to use the CSS drop header menu and size my own store. I'm still somewhat of a zen-newbie. How can I achieve this?

Thanks for your time and help as always.

Kinget

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: I'm not sure if this is a CSS question or an admin panel question....

Quote Originally Posted by kinget View Post
    I've installed the updated cart to 1.3.7, and have been reading through all this material and faq's, manuals, etc. with no results as to finding the answer to my question....

How do I size the store to fit 100 percent of the browser page? I was going to use the apple zen (which takes up the entire browser page and looks great), but it only allows for the right side of columns, and for the purpose of the design of this store, I need to have both columns. so, I was going to use the CSS drop header menu and size my own store. I'm still somewhat of a zen-newbie. How can I achieve this?

Thanks for your time and help as always.

Kinget
    Hi there,

You can do this, will take some tweaking, but first try changing in the css all the 70em's and 71em's to 100%. Then you'll have to remove some padding here and there (and I guess you'll want to get rid of the left and right drop shadows) to get it to look good. If you want to post in the apple zen support forum after you do that, I can help you tweak it more.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: I'm not sure if this is a CSS question or an admin panel question....

Thanks for your help. so I could do this and use your template? I think your template would work great actually. I really like how it's laid out and it looks fantastic. :-)

Another question...after I posted this... I was thinking that maybe I didn't need to switch the dimensions to 100 percent of the browser page, but rather use a background and just tweak the template to use both side bars, rather than just having only the right side?

If I could explain what I'm trying to accomplish is to make the cart look and match the feel of the layout at cancer.gov, and after I posted my question -- I compared it more to your template further and realized that maybe I didn't need to do the 100 percent. Your template is actually nicer in many ways, and I like your navigational bar at the top, and everything seems like it would fit perfectly with the exception of the side bars. So I was thinking...what if I just used your CSS header and could manipulate the rest of the layout...it was just the header part I was stuck on.

If you look at cancer.gov it looks like it could easily fit the "zen" format. Please let me know your thoughts and let me know if I could tweak your template to fit that type of layout. Would it be possible? What are your thoughts on this? I'm such a newbie, but want to tackle this stuff head-on....I wish I had your skills. :-)

In the meantime, I'll go through template as you suggested and report back in the other forum as suggested for further "tweaking guidence" :-)

Thanks so much again for your help. You do great work.
    Kinget

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kinget View Post
    Another question...after I posted this... I was thinking that maybe I didn't need to switch the dimensions to 100 percent of the browser page, but rather use a background and just tweak the template to use both side bars, rather than just having only the right side?
    Kinget
    Thanks for the compliments, by the way.

Ok, left and right sideboxes will be a little more complicated. I kind of tweaked the layout of this template fairly extensively to force only right sideboxes, whether or not left sideboxes are turned on. Let me do some testing to see what I can get to work...

Plugin Contributions

Hi there...

Wow...Thank you so much....You're a sweetheart to go to that trouble. I did read about the force to the right side in the downloads area, and I knew you had set that up specifically... I appreciate you taking the time to look into this.

Forever grateful....
    Kinget