Plugin Contributions

Default Tell a friend question!

When I try clicking on "Tell a Friend" I was asked to login or register, how can I let my (potential) customers "tell a friend" without asking them to fill in the long registration form?

Thanks.
    Last edited by yellow1912; 25 Mar 2007 at 06:49 PM.
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Default Re: Tell a friend question!

Yellow:

I think you're looking for Configuration -> Email Options -> Allow Guest to Tell a Friend.

I'd weigh the options, though. The default setting of false discourages miscreants from using your site to spam others. Or, maybe that's not a big risk given the nature of your site.

Hope this helps,
    Joe

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Tell a friend question!

Quote Originally Posted by J_Schilz View Post
    Yellow:

I think you're looking for Configuration -> Email Options -> Allow Guest to Tell a Friend.

I'd weigh the options, though. The default setting of false discourages miscreants from using your site to spam others. Or, maybe that's not a big risk given the nature of your site.

Hope this helps,
    Joe
    Thanks so much. I overlooked that option somehow. And yeah, given the nature of the site I wouldn't worry too much about the spam issue. Will have to look at it in a very near future tho.
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me