Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Ceon Region Tables Shipping Module 1.0.0 Beta 1!

Hi,

It gives me great pleasure to release the first version of a new, hugely configurable shipping module for Zen Cart for beta testing!

There are no known bugs, but before we mark this off as being release status we'd like as many people as possible to try it out for themselves.

[FONT="Arial Black"]Module Overview[/FONT]

The Region Tables shipping module is a very comprehensive module for Zen Cart which allows store owners to specify shipping rates based on a combination of the customer's shipping address and either the total weight or the total price of the order.

The rate applied to an order is determined by first identifying which region a customer's shipping address is in.

Each individual region is defined in the module's admin configuration in either of two ways:

1. Geolocation - A region can be set as being within a certain distance from the store (in Km/Miles).
    2. Country/Postcode Matching - A region can be defined as being a country or a country and postcode range combination. (E.g. GB:BT matches all of Northern Ireland).

The regions defined are checked in numerical order to see if they match the customer's address, so any number of methods for determining the customer's region can be employed until a match is found. For example: the first region could be a 10Km radius "Local Delivery" region and the subsequent region could attempt to match an address based on the customer's postcode (or even their country and postcode) if they are outside that region.

Once the region a customer's shipping address is in has been determined, the shipping rate is calculated based either on the weight or the total price of the order.

Unlike most other (actually, any other) Zen Cart shipping modules, Region Tables allows the store owner to specify an unlimited number of sets of rates/shipping methods per region, enabling the possibility of offering a “Standard Delivery” rate, an “Express Delivery (Next Day)” rate and a “Express Delivery (Next Day Before 9AM)” rate, or such like, at the same time. As the tables of rates are specific to a region, each region can have completely different shipping options, allowing for a never-before-seen level of configurability in a shipping module!

[FONT="Arial Black"]We'd greatly appreciate feedback on this module![/FONT]

We've spent a considerable amount of time developing the module and writing the documentation (that alone took days!) so all feedback on how we can make it better, or make the documentation clearer is really appreciated by us.

Because this module is so flexible (certainly compared to any other ZC shipping module), it is essential for us that we make its configuration instructions as simple as possible. We've developed other modules for ZC and the amount of time that can be taken up with helping out users can be considerable, yet those other modules aren't nearly as configurable as this module! We really don't want to be caught up answering questions about this module all the time so hopefully the documentation is easy enough to follow. If not, please make suggestions as to how to improve it (reasonable suggestions only of course ;) ).

[FONT="Arial Black"]Let me have it![/FONT]

Thanks to anyone who beta tests this module! Please post your comments in this thread.

Once the beta testing phase is over well start up a proper support thread on these forums.

The downloads and documentation can be found at:

http://dev.ceon.net/web/zen-cart/regiontables/

All the best...

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ceon Region Tables Shipping Module 1.0.0 Beta 1 Released!

Hi,

Caught a small bug... the UK geolocation SQL queries in geolocation_gb.php weren't using Zen Cart's DB_PREFIX.. the .zip archives have been updated with fixed versions of these files.. apologies to anyone who was caught out by this!

All the best...

Conor

Plugin Contributions

Wow! That was fast, Conor...

I've downloaded the files (with the little big fix) and will put it to the test.

True to my word, there's a small token of gratitude on its way.
    19 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Default Ceon Region Tables Shipping Module 1.0.0 Beta 2 Released!

Hi,

Yes, unfortunately the module is up to beta 2 already!

Hopefully that's all the bugs ironed out though...

It turns out that the header_php.php file for the checkout_shipping page works fine... just not in the way it might be expected!

The Region Tables module has been upgraded to version beta 2 as a result.

All that has changed is that the header_php.php file DOES NOT need to be modified any longer and the main regiontables class file has been updated to conform to the way ZC works.

To upgrade from beta1 to beta2, simply undo any changes you made in the header_php.php file and copy the following file from the new beta2 archive OVER the files from beta1.

The only file that has changed is:

/includes/modules/shipping/regiontables.php

So, thankfully, this is an easy update to make... there's no need to remove the module or to have to recreate any configurations... just update that file and you'll be fine.

You could get away with not changing the header_php.php file back as well but you might as well so taht you are back to having a nice and clean ZC core! :)

Apologies for the mistake to those who had downloaded beta1 already.

All the best...

Conor

Plugin Contributions

Fab module! Will definitely donate on payday!

Have amended the uk_postcodes.sql file as the last 2 statements weren't being processed,

For both statements I have changed:

INSERT INTO `postcodes` (`Postcode_ID`, `Pcode`, `Grid_N`, `Grid_E`,
    `Latitude`, `Longitude`)

to

INSERT INTO
    `uk_postcodes` (`id`, `postcode`, `grid_n`, `grid_e`, `latitude`, `longitude`)

The sql query now works fine.

Cheers
    Claire
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plugin Contributions

Default Region Tables Beta 3 Released!

Hi Claire,

Quote Originally Posted by cjsmiff View Post
    Fab module! Will definitely donate on payday!
    Glad to hear that you like it!

Quote Originally Posted by cjsmiff View Post
    Have amended the uk_postcodes.sql file as the last 2 statements weren't being processed
    Deary me! That was a very simple mistake! I'm a bit embarassed about that one.

I've removed the two extra SQL statements from the file and now the INSERT query inserts all UK postcode data correctly. It's bizarre the way it splits up the insert for just a few thousand records... will have to be more careful when using third party code in future! ;)

Thanks for letting me know about that error!

I've updated the version of the module to beta 3... all that has changed is the SQL file for UK postcodes has been fixed. For those who have already installed the module it might be worthwhile to use PhpMyAdmin or the likes to remove the uk postcodes database table and then re-run the new version... better safe than sorry (otherwise you could be missing two thirds of the data!).

Get Beta 3

Hopefully that's all the bugs fixed now... where's the "fingers crossed" smiley?

All the best...

Conor

Plugin Contributions

When I try to add the table to the database (Tools -> Install SQL Patches) I get this error message:

1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 AUTO_INCREMENT=2822' at line 1
    in:
    [CREATE TABLE zen_zen_uk_postcodes ( id int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment, postcode tinytext NOT NULL, grid_n varchar(15) NOT NULL default '', grid_e varchar(15) NOT NULL default '', latitude varchar(15) NOT NULL default '', longitude varchar(15) NOT NULL default '', PRIMARY KEY (id) ) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 AUTO_INCREMENT=2822;]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.
    The only change I've made to the .sql file is to add zen_ to the beginning of the name of the table.

Any ideas?

Patrick

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Your version of MySQL is very old!

However, there was no real reason to use a MySQL 4.1 file so I've updated the SQL file in the contribution for compatibility with MySQL 3.x and up.

This has brought the version of the contribution to beta 4 (oh dear! :) ).

Anyone who has installed the module and taken note of the upgrade notes for versions up to beta 3 have no need to make any changes... this update is solely for MySQL 3.x and 4.0 compatibility.

Get Beta 4!

Quote Originally Posted by pcmt View Post
    The only change I've made to the .sql file is to add zen_ to the beginning of the name of the table.
    When you use Tools -> Install SQL Patches you should not set a database prefix... the SQL patch tool automatically adds the prefix. You only add a prefix manually if you are running the SQL file manually through PHPMyAdmin or the likes. If you look at the error message you posted you should notice that your prefix has been changed to zen_zen_!)

Please download beta 4 and run the SQL file through the SQL patch tool without adding any prefix and that should be you sorted! :)

All the best...

Conor

Plugin Contributions

Conor, many thanks for that. I did in fact need to add the zen_ prefix to the table name in the .sql file, otherwise the error message came up that the table did not exist.

Anyway, it seems to have installed itself okay. I will now look at how it works.

A big thanks for what you've done with this.

Best regards.

Patrick

ps: I'm looking at this on a test server at present.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Patrick,

Quote Originally Posted by pcmt View Post
    I did in fact need to add the zen_ prefix to the table name in the .sql file, otherwise the error message came up that the table did not exist
    Yes, you're right. Zen Cart will add the prefix only if the SQL command and the table/database/column name is on the same line. It wasn't for the INSERT statement so I've updated the SQL file to avoid that problem occurring for people in future.

Glad you like the module... hopefully the fact that there haven't been any other issues brought up here means that it's doing what people need?!

All the best..

Conor

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast