Default I process my own credit card transactions locally...

How do I set up zc to:

1. allow purchases without an account

2. automatically put orders through even though I process my own credit card transactions with my credit card terminal on my desk?

After an order, I basically want an email to go to me, and the customer saying your order has been processed and you will receive an email from my company regarding the status of your order. I then will hop on the zc admin site to get the credit card#, run it and send out the approved email.

Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: I process my own credit card transactions locally...

1. allow purchases without an account
    A debatable issue - but NO - and if so how would you know where to ship the order?
    2. automatically put orders through even though I process my own credit card transactions with my credit card terminal on my desk?
    It will auto create the order and you can assign an order status automatically in the admin so that the correct email is forwarded.

But when you "hop" on the admin to get the cc# you can also set the order status with a click or two
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

well, when they type in their address, shouldn't it be included in the pending orders in the admin section?

Are you saying that it is impossible for me to run my site without forcing users to sign up for an account??

Plugin Contributions

Are you saying that it is impossible for me to run my site without forcing users to sign up for an account??
    This is the default and not a selectable option in Zen Cart.
    You can alter the text that describes this to a softer approach like "My shipping details" or any other phrase that you might prefer

There have been some that have tried a work around and you can search here for them but no guarantees on what they have done.
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Maybe I'll give it a shot for a few weeks to se how it goes, but I'm not sure if this is going to work out for me or not. My customers have never had to set up an account in the past. I don't know how it will affect them in the future. We'll see.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You are free to change the wording so that it's not "creating an account", but rather "providing necessary ordering information". The benefit offered by requiring a password is to allow them to log in and check up on order status and history, etc.

Get creative ... thinking outside the box ...

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

In the UK doing what you do (transmitting card details via the most insecure form of communication possible - email, and then running them through an EPOS terminal) is now in violation of the law. You can be heavily fined and the hosting company can have their server impounded by the policing authorities.

Outside of the UK you would still fall foul of the PCI (Payment Card Industry) Rules and Regulations, which would put you in violation of the Terms and Conditions of all the major card companies. You would get blacklisted by them and you could wave goodbye to your EPOS terminal as the agent of the card company took it away.

Website owners who operate sloppy and insecure methods of card processing need to wake up to the danger to their customers and to their business.

In my experience it's usually because they already have an EPOS terminal they are paying for and don't want to have to pay anyone else to process their online card transactions for them.

If you are going to work like this then the best option is to get their phone number and phone them for the card details.

Vger

Crikey, is this true? What I want to be able to do is customer enters credit card number in zencart (i'll be using an ssl of course). Then zen emails me the middle 8 digits and the first and last 4 go to the admin.

are you saying this is illegal?

Plugin Contributions

I can't imagine that getting 8 digits of the cc number via email would be in violation. In fact, many shopping cart providers operate this way. Or, they send you the first part of the cc number and you go to a secure page to retrieve the last numbers. Americart works this way.

What I would recommend is that you get modify the standard email subject line, "Extra CC Order info", in includes/languages/english/email_extras.php. Also in /includes/languages/english/modules/payment/cc.php modify the words "Middle Digits". Use overrides, I guess...
    No sense BROADCASTING what the numbers are.
    Give us your best shot!
    http://www.photoimprints.com

Plugin Contributions