Plugin Contributions

Default Possible to discontinue all e-mail EXCEPT for new order notification sent to me?

I'm wondering if it's possible to have zencart send new-order notification emails to me, but NOT ANY emails to the customer (neither the welcome email nor the order confirmation email, nor any others there may be that I don't know about yet)? Mine is a multilingual site and I like the personal touch of responding to each customer in his or her own language, something I wouldn't even begin to know how to do via the cart anyway. But if I set Admin -> Configuration -> Email options -> Send emails to false, I don't get the new-order notifications either, and I need those...... Anybody have any ideas? Any help would be much appreciated - thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Possible to discontinue all e-mail EXCEPT for new order notification sent to me?

You can try an edit of /includes/classes/order.php around line 969, and comment out the zen_mail call that sends the email.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Possible to discontinue all e-mail EXCEPT for new order notification sent to me?

If you have your store setup for multiple languages, and the customer is shopping in that language, their email message should show up in that alternate language as well ...

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, DrByte, I didn't realize the email would also show up auomatically in the other language! Wow, is there anything ZenCart can't do! *happy*

Thanks for your help too, Chuckl - if somehow I manage to mess up the email language thing, I now have something to fall back on. :-)