Plugin Contributions

help question Spliting orders and more

Hi everybody,

I am pretty new to Zen. I've searched the forum but nowhere found is such a thing is possible with Zen Cart:
    • i need the order to be splitted in 3 seperate orders: featured products, normal products and products with "Call for Price" tag.
    • i dont need to split the shopping cart, only seperate orders are needed.
    • is it possible to add to shopping cart products with "Call for Price"? And how can I hide the price for those products? It still shows up!
    Im am planning to code those things by myself but any help from you guys are more than welcome! Maybe some coding guidelines? From where should i start to get things done??

Comments please..

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Spliting orders and more

Anyone haven't tried to split the order?

It would be great if I coud realize this:

when customer adds to cart products of different type (i.e. featured products and normal products) and goes to checkout, after pressing the button "Order Now" the system stores 2 files: one for featured products (with information about customer and the ordered featured products ) and another for normal products (also with information about customer and information about the ordered normal products)..

You may ask why do I need this. The thing is that Zen Cart will be integrated with another desktop application which would update its information upon these order files. This desktop application will be the master. It will update catalog with products and needs to be updated with information about orders.

Please, any comments. I know that it is not easy task but any kind of help is more then appreciated.

p.s.: sorry for my not fluent english

Plugin Contributions

Call for Price is specifically designed to NOT be added to the shopping cart ...

The Split order does not specifically effect Zen Cart correct?

Or is there a physical need specific to Zen Cart for this split of multiple orders per order by the customer?

In other words, splitting the order might be easier to do after the fact and either create an export of information or something specific to whatever you other application is doing ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Firstly, thanks for your reply.

1. No, there is no need for specific physical need to Zen Cart. Of course it would be great if I could display these seperate orders to the customer during checkout progress. But the most important is an export of information about splitted orders. In these exported files (during customer order process) would be information about customer and his ordered products and about product types. One file for one product type. It means if a customer orders 3 products of different types, the system exports 3 files with information about that customer and products:
    Line1| Information about customer (id and other needed fields)
    Line2| Product type and other information about product1
    Line3| Product type and other information about product2

My earlier mentioned applicatioin will read these files and will update its database information about the orders.

2. I know that "Call for Price" to not be added to the shopping cart ... but is there a way of not showing products price and making order of these products (not calling for price via phone or email). I know that sounds in some way stupid but my client needs this ..

Plugin Contributions

anyone?

Plugin Contributions

You need to type a little slower as I don't read very fast ...

Could you further expand, feel free to get long winded, with a more "real world" example of how and what you want to envision here on these 2 points?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

It means if a customer orders 3 products of different types, the system exports 3 files with information about that customer and products:
    Line1| Information about customer (id and other needed fields)
    Line2| Product type and other information about product1
    Line3| Product type and other information about product2
    Unfortunitely, that would not only require extensive codings but also additional SQL ressources for each inserted orders since they would all be seperated for each cases. If we multiply the number of orders by the number of customers, it would be catastrophic for your store.

Plugin Contributions

no, there is no need for additional sql resources because all information goes from the order to files ...
    but thank you all guys who replied .. from now i know what to do by myself