Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Bookkeeping module

I will give it a shot. I think I saw some good info on one of the google code sites. I will install a fake store with the trial from ollecart and see what I can do.

Plugin Contributions

Beilana, I did not read your statements correctly the first time through. My new comments are.
    The initial build of this new bookkeeping module will be designed to work with a fresh install of Zen Cart. Modifications may go from there but not at this time. I thought you were saying that my current design would not work with current Zen Cart while using certain options. An I correct is reading that you are adding something else to the picture?

Plugin Contributions

xhtml problem Re: Bookkeeping module

There is project someone started long time ago for OsCommerce called OSSUITE. This project never has been finished, although it might require someone to see if it can be used with ZenCart. This is full bookeeping, order-processing project. Worth of look IMO.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/ossuite/

Adam

Plugin Contributions

I will take a look at it (OSSUITE) for ideas, but probably not to finish it.
    I have been working on the first form design for a while. Last night I started on form input verification and cipher or encrypting of the data prior to storage. I would really like to find an encryption for numbers that would allow the data to be stored as an INT. The cipher or encryption needs to be in javascript so the data is changed by the client then transmitted to the database. I should have an update soon.

Plugin Contributions

I am trying the same thing. Google Web Tool Kit will write in INT. When installing it, google will take you to the latest sites to install JAVA 5 on your computer etc.

The combination of JAVA 5-GWT allows the acquisition of word data at "100 x" the rate of Spring set-up. The Google Web toolkit does not work directly with databases but spring does and GWT works well with it making database and word access google fast...

I am trying to learn it now. To install it here is the link

http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/ge...d.html#Install

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Bookkeeping module

I need some security help.
    The attached files are my first attempt at JavaScript and preventing SQL injection. Although the code at this time does not access a database it provides a decision on whether to access it or not.

• Please try and break it. And give suggestions on how to fix it.
    • How can I prevent the JavaScript file being downloaded, edited and run on the client’s computer? I need to make sure the code is running on the same server that Zen Cart is running on. So if its downloaded and edited, the attempt at SQL injection fails.

For simplicity's sake this current release only works with the order_id. Allowing the client to increment, decrement or otherwise change the value. Then not allowing anything but integers to pass to the SQL string, even if the value is written directly on the address line. I have chosen not to piggy back on the Zen Cart code at this time.
    Last edited by stagebrace; 24 May 2010 at 07:01 PM.

Plugin Contributions

I guess the first half of the second bullet is not necessary. Because the code will be available as a module.

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: Bookkeeping module

Stagebrace,

I am not good at cracking software, so the best I could do is try to find some security information for you about writing in java. I understand that java is best secured by making the AGENT who receives transmission as specific as possible.

IBM has developed a much broader agent implementation they call aglets. Information can be found at www.trl.ibm.com/aglets, and the project has recently been released as open source (see www.aglets.org).

I found this information on a very good sight discussing how to go about writing a good POS software.

http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2...os.html?page=2

Plugin Contributions

FYI ...

This may be very helpful... I have been looking for other java based open source POS projects that may have been started to integrated into zencart.

Apparently, there appears to be a good one that was started by a guy in 1995. The software was integrated into java as soon as it was good enough to incorporate. It has slowly been upgraded with technology over the years. You may want to check out these links. It would be a whole lot easier to merge 10 years of good work than start from scratch.

The interface also looks very nice.

http://www.open-mag.com/features/Vol...S/mercator.htm

http://sourceforge.net/projects/freemercator

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mercator

Let me know what you think...

Plugin Contributions

Reading from the database now.
    Copy the folder "bookkeeping" into <your admin folder name>
    example: www.somewhere.com/store/<your admin folder name>/bookkeeping
    Then point your URL to the same as the example above and cycle through your customers using the form.

The current program requires you to have SSL at your domain. Not shared. This will get changed later.

Your comments please!
    Last edited by stagebrace; 24 May 2010 at 07:01 PM.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast