Plugin Contributions

Default Manufactures names are truncated

If you look at www.birdoasis.com you'll notice that the list of manufactures is truncated.

I've looked in admin/configuration/layout and extended the left column out as you can probably tell by the wider column on the left.

Can someone tell me how to show the full manufactures name?

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Manufactures names are truncated

Hmm,

No answers. ok, I'll have to try to find this myself.

I searched the stylesheet, and it has nothing that would cause the manufactuers names to be truncated like that so I will need to find it in php. however I've searched all the pages and haven't come up with anything that would give me a clue as to why this is happening.

I assume it's a field length code. Anyone else have a clue on how to increase the field length?

Plugin Contributions

Or ... you could peek in the Configuration ... Maximum Values ...
    Length of Manufacturers Name
    Used in manufacturers box; maximum length of manufacturers name to display. Longer names will be truncated.
    and set the length you want to use ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Ahhh,

Ok, I looked in the /admin/configuration field but must have missed the max values. duh.

I found the code, but it didn't make sense since I didn't know where to find the while MAX_DISPLAY_MANUFACTURER_NAME_LEN.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Yep, that worked.

Ajeh, you have an uncaning ability to smack me in the back of the head and make me laugh.

Soon, I'm going to buy the team allot of coffee.

Plugin Contributions

When peeking at code and you find a constant, this is used in a few ways that the Developer's Tool Kit can be of help to you ...

Constants are in ALL CAPS ...

They are either define statements for text displays or they are in the configuration tables ...

The mystery is where are the set and how are they used?

The Developer's Tool Kit let's you search the code as well as the configuration table or the products_type_layout table for configuration_keys ...

The top input box will search the two configuration tables and, when found, give you an option to hit edit to go to the setting ... as in let the Developer's Tool Kit find the silly thing for you ...

Or, enter the constant in the bottom input box and search the Catalog or Admin or both and it will show all of the php files that use it ...

The only constants that can be really tricky are the "magical" constants that are built based on product type ... usually they will have a function surrounding them: zen_get_show_product_switch

This builds a constant for the product type so that the right constant is utilized as the products change based on product type ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!