Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

red flag Problems after upgrading from 1.2.6d to 1.3.7

Hi all,

I have finished upgrading. But I now have the following issues.

1. My admin is v1.3.7 but when I click on other links it returns to v.1.2.6d. Why is that?
    2. On my website, links that were created using EZ pages were not working.
    3. The homepage picture has disappeared so are the pictures I put in the category pages.

Please help. Thank you.
    Using zencart v.1.3.9e
    Email: admin AT dealbyethan DOT com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Problems after upgrading from 1.2.6d to 1.3.7

Ethan,

Sorry that you are still experiencing issues - but my suggestions remain the same:

Your stylesheet_new.css is dated @version $Id: stylesheet_new.css 3286 2006-03-28 01:14:04Z drbyte $

This should be for 1.3.7 - * @version $Id: stylesheet.css 5349 2006-12-22 20:34:40Z birdbrain $

So you are using the incorrect stylesheet for this version and there were some changes between those dates

And most importantly:

Your stylesheet.css is the AlgoZone, Inc supplied version meant for ZenCart 1.2.x and repleat with tables that do not exist in Zen Cart 1.3.7
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: Problems after upgrading from 1.2.6d to 1.3.7

Your stylesheet_new.css is dated @version $Id: stylesheet_new.css 3286 2006-03-28 01:14:04Z drbyte $
    This should be for 1.3.7 - * @version $Id: stylesheet.css 5349 2006-12-22 20:34:40Z birdbrain $
    So you are using the incorrect stylesheet for this version and there were some changes between those dates
    I did a test upgrade in the a sub-folder and upgraded it when the test shop was made as close as to the Live Shop as possible. I don't understand how it could work well in the sub-folder but when not when I moved it into the root. One thing I can think of is that I might not have move all the Live Shop files into /old_shop. If I was using the incorrect stylesheet, why would it work so well in the sub-folder at the first place? What do you think I should do to fix this?

With regards to my admin, I am not so sure if it is the old or the latest version. When I was doing the test upgrade, the menu color in the admin was always black. Now that I did the real upgrade, the menu color of all the pages in the admin is brown except the very first page when I log in. However, it does say my ZenCart appears to be current. Apart from these, the EZ pages which I created in the test shop are now all gone in the admin. How could this possible?

Please help. Thanks in advance.
    Using zencart v.1.3.9e

Plugin Contributions

Brown??? This is the old admin interface as the latest is a green template. You have apparently got fils corssed up and not a clean upgraded install. I would start with a clean install (yeah I know this is not what you want to hear...)
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Hi Kobra,

If I was to re-upgrade again, should I reverse everything back to the Live Shop and the test shop and then re-run the zc_install again? Everything was good except when I moved the Live Shop to /old_shop and test shop to the Live Shop. Please provide me with the instructions as to reverse this. Thanks.
    Using zencart v.1.3.9e

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I just thought of something. Do I have to change the two configure.php files of the old_shop with the old_shop path? I was just thinking if this could be the reason why there are crossed up files.
    Using zencart v.1.3.9e

Plugin Contributions

no, that doesn't solve the problem. Does anyone have any suggestion?
    Using zencart v.1.3.9e

Plugin Contributions

I'm seeing a few of these sorts of problems at the moment, where people construct a test site, get it working perfectly, only for it to fall apart when moved to the site root. That shouldn't happen of course, but moving all those files about is a bit risky and then getting everything working when they arrive requires some technical understanding of how Zen Cart is configured..

If moving the Zen Cart to the site root is proving problematic, there is another (IMO) less risky approach, and that's to bring the site root to the Zen Cart. This works by re-directing the domain name to the sub directory with the working test Cart. It's not a big deal as your site will undoubtedly be part way down the server's file structure anyway, you're just going one level deeper and this is exactly what people running multiple (separate) carts on different domains but within the same hosting plan do anyway.

Here are the steps that you would take.
    1. set your test site into maintenance mode
    2. remove references to the sub directory name (6 of them) from "WS" defines in your two configure.php file
    3. point the two configure.php files to the live database
    4. point (or have your host point) your domain name to the subdirectory
    5. backup and upgrade your database
    6. unset your now live site form maintenance mode

This is also very reversible if needed. You just restore the old database and point the site back to the old site root and you're back where you were before you started = very low risk.
    Last edited by kuroi; 13 Apr 2007 at 09:08 AM.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Hi Kuroi,

Thanks for suggestion. I would still like to try and make my zencart in the root. How else can I solve the problem?

I have tried reversing what I did by moving the test shop v1.3.7 from the root back to /test_shop folder and the Live Shop v1.2.6d from the /old_shop folder back to the root. I emptied the test shop database and imported the Live Shop database. Then I run the /test_shop/zc_install and upgraded the database till the latest version. After that, I updated the two configure.php files with the correct path. At this stage, the test shop works well. However, when I moved the test shop to the root and the Live Shop to /old_shop folder again, the same problems appeared as before, namely:
    1. In the admin, when I first log in, the menu color of the first page is black/green (which indicates v1.3.7 right?). Other than that, all the pages in the admin are brown when I click on any links. However, it does say my ZenCart appears to be current. I didn't have this issue when I was doing a test upgrade in a separate folder.
    2. The pictures on the homepage as well as the category pages have also disappeared.

For your information, I moved the folders and files around within the ftp program. Is this problematic? I didn't download them from the ftp program and then reload them from my computer as I realized that it will take too long. You were saying moving files about is risky, can you please explain? Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ethan
    Using zencart v.1.3.9e

Plugin Contributions

Also, I meant to ask how do we know which Live Shop folders and files to move to /old_shop folder? I might not have moved all of them and hence the mixed version of admin??
    Using zencart v.1.3.9e

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast