Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default With PPEC installed, should I remove "Go to Checkout" Button?

I use PPEC as my only method to accept credit card payment. I wonder what happens if customers click on "Go to Checkout" button instead of the big yellow "Checkout with Paypal" button? If customer sign up for account or log in, how will they be charged with PPEC?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: With PPEC installed, should I remove "Go to Checkout" Button?

They will choose the PayPal option from the payment page instead. Give it a try.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

You mean the second page after the shopping cart? But again, if they choose to sign up or log in, will they be able to pay with PPEC after that? I don't see the connection.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If they choose to go through traditional checkout and log into or create their account on your site, then they can use PayPal as a payment option on the checkout_payment page.

Using this method is no longer "express" in terms of being so-called "faster", but it is still PayPal doing the processing.

If you want to remove the regular checkout button, feel free. It may or may not change the level of confusion for your customers. Only you can decide that.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Acting as a customer, I observed the followings:

Step 1: Customer adds item to cart

Step 2: Customer clicks "Go to checkout" button

Step 3: Customer logs in & continues checkout

Step 4: Customer is asked to enter credit card payment on my site, which does not have the capability to charge, as I use PPEC only.

So if customers choose this path, they can complete the order without being charged. On my side, I can see their order in my admin, with the credit card number being shown as "4635XXXXXXXX7621". I check my Paypal account and don't see any payment receipt in there.

How does PPEC work in this case?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by henryvuong View Post
    Step 4: Customer is asked to enter credit card payment on my site, which does not have the capability to charge, as I use PPEC only.
    This is not a function of PayPal Express Checkout in v1.3.7. It does not present credit card fields unless you have hacked code or settings in the module.

Plugin Contributions

Henry,

Are you saying you will be offering no other forms of payment? What will you do if the PayPal servers were down?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

I figured out if customers select "Checkout with PayPal" option they will be directed to the Paypal site to use PPEC.

Dr. Byte, no I did not hack the code. The credit card fields are always there. I am trying to figure out how to hide these fields so customers are forced to use PPEC option. If you have any suggestion please do.

Kim, yes I only use PPEC now. Paypal server is probably less likely to be down then mine . What I really want is Website Payment Pro, but as far as I know, Zen Cart is not compatible yet. I choose PPEC because it offers "checkout without account" option.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Remove and re-install the PayPal Express Checkout module.
    Then re-enter your API settings.
    Do the credit card fields still show up?

Plugin Contributions

Yes they still do. I removed it by choosing Admin>Modules>Payment>Paypal Express Checkout, then hit "remove" button on the right collumn, if that's the proper way.

This is one of the test sites I set up. You can register a test account to see what's going on. In fact, I have tried to set up different test sites and they all come out the same:

http://shockingprice.com/testzen2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast