Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Received Paypal confirmation, but no order...

Hi all,
    I've never had this happen yet, but today I received a notification from paypal that one of my customers sent an echeck for an order she made on my site. The email said to wait until the echeck clears before shipping out the item. I logged into Paypal and it was on my History list as a pending payment. Problem is I never received her order. So I have no idea what she ordered! Is the system set up so that when customers pay via Paypal echeck the order isn't placed until the cheque clears? If so, how do i change that bc I sell used baby clothes and I only have 1 of every item so I don't want someone else to scoop in and buy what she's already ordered...
    Any help is appreciated...
    cc

http://www.thriftytots.ca

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Received Paypal confirmation, but no order...

I don't know 100% but would it be under the
    Admin-->Customers-->Paypal IPN
    ?

Not sure if this is an issue with Zen but I also seem to remember in OSCommerce that "Sometimes" if the buyer didn't click on the "last link" that the order didn't kept.
    -----------------------------------------------
    I don't know everything, but I think I do.

Plugin Contributions

If he is using an e-check, you will not get an invoice or new order on your site until the e-check clears thru PayPal. Once the check clears, the IPN will complete and you will get the new order on your site and youwill be able to see the invoice, etc.

Plugin Contributions

That makes sense. But how do i ensure that no one else orders those items in the meantime. If I change their status through Admin will the order still go through? I don't want the items shown on the site if they're sold to someone else...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If you are using v1.3.7 and haven't applied the most recent PayPal Patch, you need to do so in order to benefit from echeck support for future orders:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56216

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I dont use the express paypal payment option.. just the regular PayPal IPN one... maybe thats why I dont get an invoice before the check clears... Is there a patch for the regular IPN for echeck?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by texasemt View Post
    I dont use the express paypal payment option.. just the regular PayPal IPN one... maybe thats why I dont get an invoice before the check clears... Is there a patch for the regular IPN for echeck?
    The same patch deals with both Express Checkout and IPN modules.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I did download and install the patch last week, but it didnt work.. echeck payment still didnt get an invoice until the check cleared.

My mistake.. I thought it was for express checkout only. I didnt like the way the express worked... I like the regular checkout better... just my quirk I guess
    Last edited by texasemt; 14 Apr 2007 at 04:24 AM. Reason: more explanation

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by texasemt View Post
    If he is using an e-check, you will not get an invoice or new order on your site until the e-check clears thru PayPal. Once the check clears, the IPN will complete and you will get the new order on your site and youwill be able to see the invoice, etc.
    That's actually not accurate (at least for me). On my site I get the order when the echeck payment is made, however its set to Pending - I'm pretty sure this is how its supposed to act, but DrByte (or any of the other devs) could chime in regarding that. Once the payment clears it goes into Processing automatically

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by samad64 View Post
    On my site I get the order when the echeck payment is made, however its set to Pending - I'm pretty sure this is how its supposed to act, but DrByte (or any of the other devs) could chime in regarding that. Once the payment clears it goes into Processing automatically
    Yes, that is the intended behaviour.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast