Plugin Contributions

Default Multiple Contact Pages

Hey there,

I've been searching off and on for the past couple days through here, and I actually found the answer, yet it didn't seem to work out for me...heh.

I'm building a RMT store for my client, and he needs the ability to have customers send email to him with their info and what they wish to sell/trade. Thus, I need a second contact page for 'Sell your WOW Gold'.

Beofre I even looked on the forums here, I went ahead and with 'page 4' or whatever, input the form through admin>define pages.

That was also the solution that someone suggested to another user here, and it apperantly worked for them, however I got a very bizarre error (and I did try this multiple times).

I created a basic contact form, with name, email, yahoo ID, realm, character name, message, etc....alogn with the 'submit' button, then clicked on save in define pages when I got it aid out how I wanted it. Well, when I went to view the page, I notcied that the text area field was too small, so I went back in to edit....this is where it got weird on me...

...so whenI opened 'page 4' in define pages, MOST of my code was still there, however, the code seemed to cut itself off, and the 'submit' button had implated itself onto the actual page (not where you input your custom code, but below that)...it actually became part of the page you edit through. I hope that is making sense...heh.

Now I tried to do this without tables, and still, when I would click on save...the same thing would happen everytime...the 'submit' button would show below where the code is places, and clicking 'save' was not even an option. I would actually have to go ahead and click the 'submit' button (which by the way, upong refreshing the actual page I wanted it posted on...in the text area it would show all kinds of code already entered), then go BACK to define again, and wipe everything out.

Damn, I hope I'm explaining this correctly...heh. I have since removed the code, however I will link the page. If this doesn't make sense, I could go back, add the form again and take a screenshot if that would help...just for the sake of explanation. But in the end, all I really need is another contact page. Is there a way to duplicate the existing one (along with adding more fields of course)? Then I could just rename it or whatever, and place that in there.

The URL in question is here:

http://www.goldjobber.com/store/inde...in_page=page_4

However there is currently nothing wrong with it (save for the fact the form isn;t there) since I removed the form code.

Thanks for taking the time to read this everyone, and thanks in advance for any help or advice you all might have to give me.

Cheers!

-Ditch

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Multiple Contact Pages

I currently have 2 other issues at the moment - both of whichI've doen research for on these here forums.

1) I would like to do away with product images altogether. I've gotten rid of the link, the images showing up in the category, but in th elisting the thumbnail is present, however I do not need this - anyway to remove it entirely?

2) On the Sitemap, one of my pages is showing up as 'BOX_INFORMATION_PAGE_2', yet the header within that page is correctly posting up as 'About Us'. I thought I'd gone through all the files and changed anything to do with 'PAGE_2' or whatever, but apperantly I missed something along the way.

Sorry to stray off the original topic, butI don;t wanna clutter the place up with all my questions here...heh.

Thanks again,

-Ditch

Plugin Contributions

Alrighty...heh...no comment anyone?

I'm gonna post another issue I've come across.

I'm running Cutenews on one of the pages, however I'm getting an error onit, which I can't seem to fix. Here is the link: http://www.goldjobber.com/store/inde...in_page=page_3

Also, I'm using anchor tags in the FAQ section, yet all the link tags instead of pointing to the correct anchor point to the main page. This page can be seen here: http://www.goldjobber.com/store/inde...id=1&chapter=0

Any help with any of this would be great.

Plugin Contributions

Alright, just in case anyone else ever wishes to implement cutenews into zen cart, I figured out the issue.

They both use the same variable; $template.

Since cutenews is much smaller, I simply searched each file, and changed the variable to $dingleberry...yes, dingleberry. Works like a champ.

As for the FAQ, I kinda figured it was a matter fo path, and I was right (although about 3 of the links still do not work...must be something I can't see).

After much discussion with a friend, we're still at a loss about the multiple contact page issue...or rather, how to work around the code inserting itself into the page.

If anyone would like to comment, that's be great.

Plugin Contributions

So is anyone willing to comment on this, or should I just continue the dialogue with myself?

This seems to be something one of the programmers on here might have an answer for. Did I post in the wrong forum?

If my initial question is not clear, please say so and I will try again to explain.

Plugin Contributions

You might try cloning your contact_us page ...

Meanwhile ... do continue your chat with yourself as ideas are always helpful in discovering various needs a store owner might have ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    You might try cloning your contact_us page ...

Meanwhile ... do continue your chat with yourself as ideas are always helpful in discovering various needs a store owner might have ...
    Heh heh...

Thanks for your reponse Ajeh. ;) So would I maybe just download my 'contact us' page, rename it to say 'sell gold' or whatever, reupload and look for it in ezpages or define pages?

Plugin Contributions

There are many files to a page ...

You need them all then go through and change the code to utilize its own variable set and filename set ...

You might look at the About Us download as this gives a breakdown of peices and parts for making new pages and adding to sideboxes etc.
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!