Plugin Contributions

bug 1.3.7 Sales Tax Not Being Charged On Google Checkout orders

This issue started happening after I converted to the lastest Zen Cart 1.3.7

I have tried to reproduce the errors but haven't been able to.... maybe this is happening when some table isn't able to be updated (because the server is bogged down).... all rows have the shortened state "TX" instead of "Texas" I see this happen with other states but I don't collect sales taxes for other states.... I didn't see this on the previous version I was on.

Go to phpadmin in your cpanel ... go to your zen cart database .... click on the "orders" table (left hand side) .... Find the SQL tab (top tabs) and click on it.... enter this query with your state (Substitute your state that you collect taxes from where 'TX' and 'Texas' are) in the query box.... click go.

SELECT * FROM `orders` WHERE customers_state='TX' or customers_state='Texas' and order_tax is null

All rows found YOU are paying the sales tax on or you are not reporting all your owed sales tax.

Related thread:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...ight=sales+tax

MODS I have: SEO URL, GOOGLE CHECKOUT, CART UPSELL, CROSS SELL, PPEC-137, Return Auth, Shipping Ins, Quickbooks

Plugin Contributions

Default Google Checkout 1.3.7 Sales Tax Not Being Charged On All Orders

A little more research done.... all orders that lack taxes are Google Checkout orders.... Sales Tax not collected on some Google Checkout Orders .... 10 orders so far for my site.

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: 1.3.7 Sales Tax Not Being Charged On All Orders It Should be collected on

Please delete this. Tax is collected .... just not stated in the orders table. This is related to the Google Checkout bugs that I reported before that have been removed from the forum.

My apologies,

Michael

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 1.3.7 Sales Tax Not Being Charged On All Orders It Should be collected on

Quote Originally Posted by kenaniah View Post
    Please delete this. Tax is collected .... just not stated in the orders table. This is related to the Google Checkout bugs that I reported before that have been removed from the forum.

My apologies,

Michael
    Apologies once again.... my posts are still probably out there ..... I only see the gigantic Google checkout thread and not my individual ones. I didn't have to do sales taxes for 3 months so I forgot about the previously reported issues I have with Google Checkout.

Is there anyway to go back and edit my posts after I have submitted them?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 1.3.7 Sales Tax Not Being Charged On Google Checkout orders

Best if you would post related issues in the Google checkout mod thread. Both to report issues and also so others can learn the solutions.

Woody

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 1.3.7 Sales Tax Not Being Charged On Google Checkout orders

Quote Originally Posted by Woodymon View Post
    Best if you would post related issues in the Google checkout mod thread. Both to report issues and also so others can learn the solutions.

Woody
    Thanks Woody,

I was trying to show http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62267
    and ended up seeing the Google Checkout issues instead! I think I have already mentioned the above problem though in the thread.... just getting confused with taxes on my mind! :)

Michael