Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Discount Coupon/Free - Tax Bug?

Quote Originally Posted by tzeyangng View Post
    $81.96 - $16.39 + $7.35 = $72.92 * 8.25 = $6.02
    OK fine - but why are you taxing USPS? Is that done in Texas?
    That (I believe) is the problem - in other words, your ZC is working fine, your math should not include a tax on USPS.

Discount process $81.96 - $16.39 = $65.57
    Tax Process $65.57 * .0825 = $5.41 Tax amount on item after discount.
    $65.57 + $5.41 = $70.98 Total Including Tax
    $70.98 + $7.35 = $78.33 total including taxed item with USPS added separately.

This is (I believe) the correct answer $78.33

Respectfully,
    jund (John Underwood)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jund View Post
    OK fine - but why are you taxing USPS? Is that done in Texas?
    That (I believe) is the problem - in other words, your ZC is working fine, your math should not include a tax on USPS.

Discount process $81.96 - $16.39 = $65.57
    Tax Process $65.57 * .0825 = $5.41 Tax amount on item after discount.
    $65.57 + $5.41 = $70.98 Total Including Tax
    $70.98 + $7.35 = $78.33 total including taxed item with USPS added separately.

This is (I believe) the correct answer $78.33

Respectfully,
    jund (John Underwood)
    Hi John,

No you are wrong. In Texas, the shipping is already taxable. So USPS is taxable.

regards,
    TY

Plugin Contributions

TY,

You are indeed a patient person; more than that, you are absolutely correct in stating that I am wrong. I apologize for causing you any delay in a resolution.

In my attempt to find out what is happening, I did a Google search on USPS tax and Texas. Was I surprised when I found the number three hit was to the ZENCART Google Forum.

They claim a work-around. Here is the link: http://groups.google.com/group/googl...1317863d7590de

You will get it fixed (smile). I think taxing USPS should be a crime. Don't mess with Texas.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jund View Post
    TY,

You are indeed a patient person; more than that, you are absolutely correct in stating that I am wrong. I apologize for causing you any delay in a resolution.

In my attempt to find out what is happening, I did a Google search on USPS tax and Texas. Was I surprised when I found the number three hit was to the ZENCART Google Forum.

They claim a work-around. Here is the link: http://groups.google.com/group/googl...1317863d7590de

You will get it fixed (smile). I think taxing USPS should be a crime. Don't mess with Texas.
    Hi there,

Thanks for your effort, but unfortunately i don't think this is the correct solution since it is not the google checkout modul that calc the tax. I not sure what is the post about.
    Anyway, really appreciate your kindness. I hope i did not sound rude in my last message.

regards,
    TY

Plugin Contributions

TY,

Had I thought you were rude, I would have stated just that. I find it interesting that some folks think you are rude when you are being factual and sincere. Why isn't equally rude to compliment someone and tell them they are right (smile)?

The reason I mentioned the Google forum, is because they have a similar issue within Google in that it has trouble with TAX on USPS.

Did you by chance take a look at the other link I gave you?

Finally, thank you for being factual and sincere. False praise is a lie - and you did NOT lie to me. You handled your responses with facts and sincerity. You have a real problem with the calculations - you do not need a problem with me and you handled me correctly. I feel sorry for those who do not understand those things - especially on forums. The forum is built to help - not to patronize someone's issue or build someone's ego (smile).

jund

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123