Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

help question Box Background Color Won't stick.

I changed the box heading background color from green to purple and I replaced the tile_back.gif. When I go to my online catalog the color changes for a couple of seconds but then reverts right back to the original color. Take a look:

http://chic-perfumefragrance.com/

Is there something special about a tile_back.gif ? I just created a rectangle in the correct color and pixel size, named it and uploaded it.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Box Background Color Won't stick.

are you modifying the information in the classic directory or did you create your own template folder? It's pulling the css and tile_back.gif from classic.
    How do you have your template selection set up? is your custom template (are you using a custom template folder?) the default or is it based on a language (ie english)?

Plugin Contributions

I am making the change under templates/classic/css/stylesheet.css

I have no custom template, I am using the one provided when I installed, which is classic. Is this not right?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Lainee View Post
    I am making the change under templates/classic/css/stylesheet.css

I have no custom template, I am using the one provided when I installed, which is classic. Is this not right?
    It's not right. You really have to create a custom template. Any changes you make in the /classic/ folders will be overwritten by an update/upgrade and you'll lose all the work you've done.

To create a very basic custom template (you can build from there), you need:
    includes/languages/YOUR_TEMPLATE/english.php
    includes/languages/english/YOUR_TEMPLATE/index.php
    includes/languages/english/YOUR_TEMPLATE/header.php (to change the logo)
    includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/template_info.php includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/common/tpl_header.php
    includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/common/tpl_footer.php
    includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/images/logo.gif
    includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/css/stylesheet.css

Anywhere you see a /classic/ folder, you can create a folder for your custom template. You can copy the necessary files from either the /classic/ folder, the /template_default/ folder or the parent folder.

Edit includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/template_info.php to give your template identifying information so you'll recognize it in the admin under tools->template selection.
    Mary Ellen
    I came; I saw; I Zenned
    Taking over the world... one website at a time
    Make sure brain is engaged before putting mouth in gear... or fingers to keyboard.

Holzheimer
    Fan Odyssey

Plugin Contributions

Since I hadn't done very much work and I did it wrong I unistalled and reinstalled Zen Cart. I created all the new folders in the appropriate places (called them: my_custom_template) and copied over all the appropriate files into my new folders as shown below. The 1st thing I did was replace my logo.gif in my new folder. I went to my online catalog and nothing changed. I refreshed and still nothing changed. Then I changed the box background color in my new stylesheet in my new folder. I went to my online catalog and nothing changed. I refreshed and still nothing changed. How does the sytem know to use my new folder and files instead of the old ones?

Plugin Contributions

Did you go into the admin under tools->template selection and select your custom template from the pulldown menu?
    Mary Ellen
    I came; I saw; I Zenned
    Make sure brain is engaged before putting mouth in gear... or fingers to keyboard.

Holzheimer
    Fan Odyssey

Plugin Contributions

The pull down menu gives me no other choice, just the Classic Contemporay Green. How do I get the pulldown menu to include the new template? How come I don't have I have to copy over all the files, just the ones listed below?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Lainee View Post
    The pull down menu gives me no other choice, just the Classic Contemporay Green. How do I get the pulldown menu to include the new template? How come I don't have I have to copy over all the files, just the ones listed below?
    You only need to copy the files you want/need to change. The rest will take care of itself.
    Mary Ellen
    I came; I saw; I Zenned

Holzheimer
    Fan Odyssey

Plugin Contributions

Ok, I figured out I had a few folders in the wrong place. LOL! This stuff is hard, but I am catching on. Now I have a Default option in the tools - Select Template drop down box. I selected the Default and then changed the logo.gif It showed up on the online catalog so I know I am on the right track. I didn't fix everthing else in the styles sheet and header files yet to make it look right, but I will. The main thing is none of the left and right columns/boxes/etc. shows up on the new Default template. I guess I have to figure out which files to copy over to get them back.

Plugin Contributions

No, the boxes are set in the admin. Look under tools->layout boxes contoller
    Mary Ellen
    I came; I saw; I Zenned

Holzheimer
    Fan Odyssey

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast