Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Member only EZ-Pages

Bet that next you are gonna wanna add this to the Wish List ...

Interesting concept ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I'll take that as a compliment, Linda. I'm feeling Zenducated!

I didn't think to add it to the wishlist... maybe it'll help someone in the future.

Plugin Contributions

maybe it'll help someone in the future.
    Based on your latest posted codes, I think there might even be something more that could be done (graphicly). Great idea.

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Member only EZ-Pages

"This could also be modified to redirect to just about any ZC page that you have. Just change the zen_href_link() to suit your needs."

I tried to change the 'zen_href_link()' to the following example and the link doesn't work??? What is the proper way to replace this link?

Thanks.

zen_href_link(a href="http://www.mysite.com")

Plugin Contributions

The structure of the zen_href_link in my last post is:
    zen_redirect(zen_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL'))

FILENAME_LOGIN is defined in 'includes/filenames.php' to tell the browser to go to the Login page. You need to have a page that is defined so that you can insert the same format. If you want to go to the root of your cart (which should be index.php), then change it to FILENAME_DEFAULT.

And I believe you'd want to change SSL to NONSSL... can anyone confirm that?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bradymc View Post
    The structure of the zen_href_link in my last post is:
    zen_redirect(zen_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL'))

FILENAME_LOGIN is defined in 'includes/filenames.php' to tell the browser to go to the Login page. You need to have a page that is defined so that you can insert the same format. If you want to go to the root of your cart (which should be index.php), then change it to FILENAME_DEFAULT.

And I believe you'd want to change SSL to NONSSL... can anyone confirm that?
    Can confirm that you wouldn't want to remove the SSL. I wouldn't create an account or log in to a site (at least not with real data!) unless my information is going to be encrypted in transmission. Even if it were only to read information, I would still expect by user name and password to be protected.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kuroi View Post
    Can confirm that you wouldn't want to remove the SSL. I wouldn't create an account or log in to a site (at least not with real data!) unless my information is going to be encrypted in transmission. Even if it were only to read information, I would still expect by user name and password to be protected.
    I assumed that there would not be any logging in or exchanging sensitive information on the root of the site. That's why I suggested NONSSL. Guess some may have a login sidebox and it's better to be safe than sorry.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bradymc View Post
    I assumed that there would not be any logging in or exchanging sensitive information on the root of the site. That's why I suggested NONSSL. Guess some may have a login sidebox and it's better to be safe than sorry.
    You were right first time. I missed the change of direction in the thread. If you're redirecting to FILENAME_DEFAULT then SSL isn't needed. Though in this case you can take advantage of the functions defaults and simply put zen_redirect(zen_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT))

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Hello. I know this topic might be dead but I have a question. Is there any way to layer the membership Only section to discern between Members Only and Customers Only. I want to create a Customers Only section, how do I go about this?

Beth-katherine

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Beth-katherine View Post
    Is there any way to layer the membership Only section to discern between Members Only and Customers Only. I want to create a Customers Only section, how do I go about this?
    What is the difference between a member and a customer on your site? Are you asking how to detect which of the people who have signed up for accounts have actually purchased and offer them additional information? What do you want to happen if a "member" clicks on a "customers-only" link?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast