Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Configuring Mercury

I am on pg 38 of the manual and I've edited the relevant files. I've doubled checked to make sure I've entered the changes correctly but when I go to test whether my Mercury Mail server has been configured properly by sending a test message on the Xampp Mercury Mail page it will not send successfully. An error report pops up. Please help?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Configuring Mercury

Anyone??

Plugin Contributions

An error report pops up.
    What is the error exactly?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

QUOTE]
    Mercury/32 Core Processing Module v4.01a has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
    [/QUOTE]

This is what it comes up with... I've tried everything i can think of - checked everything i can think of...

Plugin Contributions

Hi Rajato,

The problem may be due to the fact you have installed XAMPP into a directory which contains a space or period in its path. For example, C:\Program Files\xampp. If this is the case, re-install XAMPP into a directory without a space in it instead. For example, C:\server\xampp.
    Goh Koon Hoek, author of "e-Start Your Web Store with Zen Cart".
    Printed book: www.lulu.com/content/10576284
    Electronic book and Errata: www.cucumbermedia.com/store

Plugin Contributions

Thank you so much, Canopy I had a space in the name of the folder so i've renamed it and unistalled xampp. I will go and re-install it now. Hopefully all goes successfully this time around. Thanks heaps for your help

Plugin Contributions

I'm hitting a similar problem. I'm also on page 38, have set up apache easily enough, but on setting up mercury I'm sending an email and getting
    "Error! The message was not successfully sent!" which isn't that helpful.

Any ideas?

I'm using example.com as my url name, as in the book.

This is a pisser, as I was just raving on about how easy the book makes everything when this happened. Doh!

Plugin Contributions

By the way

Having read a little further - when I go to Configuration>Manage local users, it's blank. And I can't enter Admin, so there isn't one. I'd guess this is a problem.....
    And I also can't put new users in. I get an 'add' popup, fill it in, click 'OK', and nothing happens.
    Last edited by Gladys_Pym; 30 Apr 2007 at 05:58 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by canopy View Post
    Hi Rajato,

The problem may be due to the fact you have installed XAMPP into a directory which contains a space or period in its path. For example, C:\Program Files\xampp. If this is the case, re-install XAMPP into a directory without a space in it instead. For example, C:\server\xampp.
    I have uninstalled the entire program and reinstalled it into a different directory with no spaces or periods. I've made sure that it is 1.4.16 that i have installed but i am still having the same problem. When i click "Abschicken' (to send), i am getting a message saying "Error! The message was not successfully sent!"...

On second thoughts, i wonder if where i installed it would be causing a prob? I installed it in C:\xampp . I don't know what else to try. I need help!

Plugin Contributions

Ok, i have overcome that problem now, by doing something that i would have thought would have had no impact on the result whatsoever. For those of you having this same prob, all i did was make sure that Message in Test Message - the subject of the test email - had a capital letter, and that at the end of the message (This is a test message.) had a period.

Now, i'm onto my next problem . I am up to page 41 and am trying to create new email users (copying users from page 389) but when i type it all in and click add, not a thing happens! We have re-started already and tried several times but the same thing happens every time... Nothing! Help!?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast