Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Hints and Tips Manager - support thread

Quote Originally Posted by shartlesville View Post
    My hints and tips side box is a mess in IE 7 and below (compatibility mode) but look alright in FF and IE8 except for a _ in the text near the top in the box. All the tips display the same way. With the IE issue, the background of the text is white like it is in a white box instead of in the sidebox.

Is there any way to get it to format properly in IE7 and below? Most of my customers are older ladies with older computers and they don't like to upgrade.

Also is there any way to get rid of that line? I have tried everything I could think of to get rid of it but nothing worked.

Here is the site: http://bestsewingdeals.com/zen-cart/ the sidebox is in the lower right side.

Thank you for any and all assistance!

Blessings,
    Krisann
    Not sure why you have 2 hints manager sideboxes included on the page (one active and one commented out)
    This is from the view source of your page.

I'm also not sure where all those extra inline styles and extra <b class="whatever"> come from.

<div class="rightBoxContainer" style="width: 150px">
    <b class="top"><b class="b1"></b><b class="b2"></b><b class="b3"></b><b class="b4"></b></b>

<div class="boxcontent">
    <h3 class="rightBoxHeading" id="hints-managerHeading">Hints &amp; Tips</h3>
    <div id="hints-managerContent" class="sideBoxContent"><b><a href="http://bestsewingdeals.com/zen-cart/index.php?main_page=hints_manager&amp;hints_id=2&amp;">Slow Down!</a></b><div class="testimonial"><p style="font-size:x-small"><span style="font-family: verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif;">When we try to do things in a hurry it usually ends up taking twice as much time to complete the task and in...<br /><span><strong><a href="http://bestsewingdeals.com/zen-cart/index.php?main_page=hints_manager&amp;hints_id=2">Read More -></a></strong></span></p></div><hr id="catBoxDivider" /><div class="bettertestimonial"><a href="http://bestsewingdeals.com/zen-cart/index.php?main_page=all_hints&amp;">View All Hints</a></div></div></div>
    <b class="bottom"><b class="b4b"></b><b class="b3b"></b><b class="b2b"></b><b class="b1b"></b></b>

</div>

<!--// bof: hints_manager //-->
    <!--
    <div class="rightBoxContainer" id="hints-manager" style="width: 150px">
    <h3 class="rightBoxHeading" id="hints-managerHeading">Hints &amp; Tips</h3>
    <div id="hints-managerContent" class="sideBoxContent"><b><a href="http://bestsewingdeals.com/zen-cart/index.php?main_page=hints_manager&amp;hints_id=2">Slow Down!</a></b><div class="testimonial"><p style="font-size:x-small"><span style="font-family: verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif;">When we try to do things in a hurry it usually ends up taking twice as much time to complete the task and in...<br /><span><strong><a href="http://bestsewingdeals.com/zen-cart/index.php?main_page=hints_manager&amp;hints_id=2&amp;">Read More -></a></strong></span></p></div><hr id="catBoxDivider" /><div class="bettertestimonial"><a href="http://bestsewingdeals.com/zen-cart/index.php?main_page=all_hints&amp;">View All Hints</a></div></div></div>
    -->
    <!--// eof: hints_manager //-->

Plugin Contributions

I have no idea either, lol. Most of the side boxes end up with one visible and one commented out. I thought it was part of the way the cart behaved. I just copy, paste, and upload where I'm told. :-)

Any ideas?

Blessings,
    Krisann

Plugin Contributions

I have no idea either, lol. Most of the side boxes end up with one visible and one commented out. I thought it was part of the way the cart behaved. I just copy, paste, and upload where I'm told. :-)

Any ideas?

Blessings,
    Krisann
    There should only be one sidebox active not one active and one commented out.

So I'm not sure what has happened without looking more in depth at your site You can always PM me if you'd like.

Plugin Contributions

Are you sure it isn't because it gives the option for the single column version:

Box Name: hints_manager.php
    Left/Right Column Status: ON
    Left/Right Column Sort Order: 205
    Single Column Sort Order: 0
    Single Column Status: OFF

since the single column is "off" it shows one as commented out?

I am making a total guess. Like I said I just copy, paste, and upload, lol.

Thanks,
    K

Plugin Contributions

Are you sure it isn't because it gives the option for the single column version:

Box Name: hints_manager.php
    Left/Right Column Status: ON
    Left/Right Column Sort Order: 205
    Single Column Sort Order: 0
    Single Column Status: OFF

since the single column is "off" it shows one as commented out?

I am making a total guess. Like I said I just copy, paste, and upload, lol.

Thanks,
    K
    quite sure.

If you look at the ZC file structure there is only one sidebox

includes/modules/sideboxes/whatever.php

admin -> tools -> layout boxes controller only uses the sideboxes that are in that folder.

if a sidebox is turned off it is not used. if it is turned on it is only used once. Zen Cart does not "comment out" anything.

Plugin Contributions

Hmm, I must have something making everything double because every single sidebox on my site, including categories, is there twice and in each set one is commented out. There is a very slight variation in the wording but they are the same side boxes.

Weird. Its probably a template issue but I wouldn't have the faintest idea what to do about it, lol.

Well if you have any ideas let me know. :-) Thank you for your help.

Blessings,
    K

Plugin Contributions

Hmm, I must have something making everything double because every single sidebox on my site, including categories, is there twice and in each set one is commented out. There is a very slight variation in the wording but they are the same side boxes.

Weird. Its probably a template issue but I wouldn't have the faintest idea what to do about it, lol.

Well if you have any ideas let me know. :-) Thank you for your help.

Blessings,
    K
    As I said, without checking into your site (in detail) its hard to say what the problem might be.

Plugin Contributions

Morning,

Thanks for the code - looks like it'll do what we need it to do, we wanted something that a customer could add, as well as us - and have control over it! I've modded it to say 'Comments' rather than Hints/Tips ... all the back code has stayed the same, just the text has changed.

The only problem is that when you go to 'Add' a comment, it has the anme and email in the fields, allows you to type in title and comment - and then when you click on submit - it clears out the title and comment like you're done but no entry is made. We can add from within the Admin panel, but not from the site. Ideas on where to look?

I'm curious if you'd create a duplicate series for just Comments - same functionality as H/T's just with the DB's changed as well?

Have fun,

Joe
    Fezmonger
    www.fez-o-rama.com
    Last edited by Fez-o Joe; 23 Oct 2009 at 11:12 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Fez-o Joe View Post
    Morning,

Thanks for the code - looks like it'll do what we need it to do, we wanted something that a customer could add, as well as us - and have control over it! I've modded it to say 'Comments' rather than Hints/Tips ... all the back code has stayed the same, just the text has changed.

The only problem is that when you go to 'Add' a comment, it has the anme and email in the fields, allows you to type in title and comment - and then when you click on submit - it clears out the title and comment like you're done but no entry is made. We can add from within the Admin panel, but not from the site. Ideas on where to look?

I'm curious if you'd create a duplicate series for just Comments - same functionality as H/T's just with the DB's changed as well?

Have fun,

Joe
    Fezmonger
    www.fez-o-rama.com

try this fix. just unzip the package and upload the includes folder to your server.

Attachment 6615
    Last edited by clydejones; 31 Dec 2009 at 02:36 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by clydejones View Post
    try this fix. just unzip the package and upload the includes folder to your server.

Attachment 6615
    Placed, refreshed, tested and 'No Joy' - no entry on the back-end... just a click on the 'submit' and the two fields still get wiped clean.

Noted that the php file has 'Hint' - not a problem, but even with taking out the name and email address, and clicking 'submit' - there's no error messages popping up about missing info.

Thanks.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast