Page 1 of 223 1231151101 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default MultiSite Module Support Thread

This thread is the official support forum for the MultiSite Module: https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=378

I completed two sites that are now up and running using the MultiSite Module.

It means that I now have more time for the technical support and for writing the documentation of this module.

A Paypal account is now ready to accept any generous donations from the users of this module:

Paypal account: [email protected]

Official web page related to this module:

http://www.medea.co.uk/dev/

David started to transform the actual documentation a more understandable html format which will be ready really soon.

I am on my way adding comments to the current code and making a proper website for the supports.

This module will be posted to the download section as soon as the documentation will be updated.

Thank you for your interest to our work,

Gerome.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: MultiSite Module Support Forum

ok so after much work and scratching my head i did get it working (love the new instructions much better) but i need to figure out what i need to do to install it on a second site

Plugin Contributions

Yes, I know that lots of people have issues with configurating the servers.

everything is made easier if you have a dedicated server, because all you need is to point your dns to the IP address of your server and then you have your two sites working.

Otherwise, it can be a problem; David didn't manage to have the two domain pointing to the same folder, so he had to duplicate the files.

THe first shops that uses the Multisite Module are:

http://www.bigdepot.co.uk

http://navnav.co.uk

They are running on the same server and the two DNS are pointing to it.

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: MultiSite Module Support Forum

Plugin Contributions

right i finally got all the bugs worked out and its up on youngwapc.com, now i am working on electronics.youngwaypc.com what i need to find out is what do i need to upload to the electronics folder to get the second site, that is where i am foggy at.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by shopyoungway View Post
    right i finally got all the bugs worked out and its up on youngwapc.com, now i am working on electronics.youngwaypc.com what i need to find out is what do i need to upload to the electronics folder to get the second site, that is where i am foggy at.
    Can't you change to folder location of the electronics.youngwaypc.com website so it points to the same folder than your first shop ?

If you can, do that. If not, copy the folder of your first shop to your 2nd shop and it will work (but it will be twice more complicated...)

Plugin Contributions

hi
    I installed your last one (23 april) on zen137. my sites are located on the same SHARED SERVER under one domain name with different subdomain names and i did copy all files from site1 to site 2 and site 3.
    1- do i have to install extra language by copy my language files and use another name (conveniently the same of the each site) to manage sideboxes of each site from admin of the original site?

2- if no, how can I manage sidebox layout from one admin if following david I had to copy all zen cart to the new site and then delete admin folder?
    3- I can see the category filter functionality in all sites, when I type the complete adress of a site , all sideboxes are shown in correct layout, but I click on a category (hardware) I get this error;
    Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/my_domain/public_html/site1/includes/classes/category_tree.php on line 68

thanks in advance

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: MultiSite Module Support Thread

You need to have one template per sites (it you want the same, I advice you to duplicate it with a different template name). Then from the admin section, use the "Template Selector" in order to choose which template you want to change the sidebox layout for, and then, go in the sidebox layout and move the sidebox for the selected template.

I have never seen before this error in categories, I'll try to contact you in PV in order to get more information about your configuration...

Plugin Contributions

hi gerome, david
    1-do you have any idea about my last problem in category_tree.php error?
    2- a patch has been presented (XSS Vulnerability in v1.3.7
    "24/april) for zen137 whithin the admin/orders.php should be replaced, what is your advise for adaptation of the orders.php in admin now ?
    3- may I send you my config in PM? let me know, please.

thnaks

Plugin Contributions

1-do you have any idea about my last problem in category_tree.php error?
    Well, I investigated and found out that it did this error when one of your site has a category with no product and no category for this shop (but categories for other shops...)

I didn't really get why it does that to your zen-cart but not to others but the problem was at line 51 in category_free.php

" while (!$categories->EOF) {"
    When the query is empty, was defined as an object and then didn't see that the property return true. It returns false in my test shops thought ...

I replaced this line by " while ($categories->EOF===false) {" and it now works correctly.

The fix will be in the next multisite version that I should do soon...

2- a patch has been presented (XSS Vulnerability in v1.3.7
    "24/april) for zen137 whithin the admin/orders.php should be replaced, what is your advise for adaptation of the orders.php in admin now ?
    I will see what has changed in orders.php and then, I'll report the changes to the multisite version. I should do that tomorrow as I'm busy today.

Thanks Reza for pointing this error out !

Page 1 of 223 1231151101 ... LastLast