I get three warnings when I go to the install screen, PHP API Mode=cgi-fcgi, Register Globals is on PHP Output Buffering (gzip is OFF). Below is my system inspection results and then the messages I get on the two of the three warnings. Can anyone help me with what I should do? Haven't installed it yet because I want it to be right before I preceed.
System Inspection Results
- Webserver = Apache
- HTTP Host = www.sullivanvitamins.com
- Path_Translated = /home/content/v/i/t/vitamins6/html/zencart/zc_install/index.php(SCRIPT_FILENAME)
- Server Free Disk Space = 3581.42 GB
- PHP O/S = Linux
- PHP API Mode = cgi-fcgi Click here for more info
- PHP Max Execution Time per page = 30
- Register Globals = ON Click here for more info
- MySQL Support = ON
- PHP Version = 4.3.11
- PHP Safe Mode = OFF
- PHP Sessions Support = ON
- PHP Session.AutoStart = OFF
- PHP session.use_trans_sid = OFF
- Suggested SQL Cache Folder = /home/content/v/i/t/vitamins6/html/zencart/cache
- PHP magic_quotes_runtime setting = OFF
- PHP GD Support = ON
- GD Version = GD bundled (2.0.28 compatible)
- PHP ZLIB Compression Support = ON
- PHP OpenSSL Support = ON
- PHP cURL Support = ON
- PHP Upload Support = ON upload_max_filesize=8M; post_max_size=8M
- PHP Upload TMP dir = /tmp
View PHPINFO for your server
Other System Information (For Reference Only) The following info does not necessarily indicate any problem or configuration issue. It is simply for the sake of displaying it in an easy-to-find location.
- PHP include_path = .:/usr/local/lib/php
- PHP SMTP destination = relay-hosting.secureserver.net
- PHP sendmail path = /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i
- PHP sendmail 'from' = email@example.com
- PHP open_basedir restrictions =
- PHP Output Buffering (gzip) = OFF
- PHP FTP Support = ON
- PHP XML Support = ON
- PHP Session.Save_Path = /tmp -->Writeable
File and Folder Permissions In order for many Zen Cart™ administrative and day-to-day functions to work properly, You need to mark several files/folders "Writeable". The following is a list of folders which need to be "read-write", along with recommended CHMOD settings. Please correct these settings before continuing installation. Refresh this page in your browser to re-check settings.
Some hosts may not allow you to set CHMOD 777, but only 666. Start with the higher setting first, and switch to lower values if required.
- includes/configure.php = Writeable
- admin/includes/configure.php = Writeable
- cache = OK
- images = OK
- includes/languages/english/html_includes = OK
- media = OK
- pub = OK
- admin/backups = OK
- admin/images/graphs = OK
Ready to Install? (This will wipe any existing data. You are NOT in Upgrade mode!!!)
PHP running as cgi not recommended unless server is Windows
Running PHP as CGI can be problematic on some Linux/Unix servers.
Windows servers, however, "always" run PHP as a cgi module, in which case this warning can be ignored.
Zen Cart™ can work with the "Register Globals" setting on or off. However, having it "off" leaves your system somewhat more secure.
If you wish to disable it, and your hosting company won't turn it off for you, you might try adding this to an .htaccess file in the root of your shop (you may have to create the file if you don't already have one):
php_value session.use_trans_sid off
php_value register_globals off
#php_value register_globals off
deny from all
or talk to your hosting company for assistance.