Plugin Contributions

Default Majorly stumped and frustrated with INSTALL

Have been trying to install this for days but am getting no where.
    All I seem to be able to do is view the store front - but I can not add ANY information to the store at all because I don't know how to access the Admin section to add my items etc

By the way, I am using FrontPage2003 and using the FTP through that.
    My server/domain name etc is hosted through acorn-solutions.com.au
    My store location is: http://www.integritylabels.com/catalogue (this is the part I am able to see).

With the configure part of installing, I am not sure if I have this correct:
    This is what it shows on my server - "dist-configure.php.bak"
    But in the instructions it asks for it to be "dist-configure.php"

When I get to "STARTING INSTALLING" this is where nothing seems to make sense as I don't get the welcome to ZenCart screen or anything.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!
    Regards Integritylabels

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Majorly stumped and frustrated with INSTALL

To start with DUMP THE FRONTPAGE and get yourself a real FTP program. Then Try it again. FileZilla is a free program and very highly recommended.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

You should rename the dist-configure.php to configure.php, per the installation instructions. And there should not have been a dist-configure.php.bak in your original download of Zen Cart - perhaps this was caused by Frontpage?? You may want to start from scratch with a freshly unzipped set of files.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your help guys. I finally got to the welcome screen and am now having problems with the database setup

I receive this error message:

ATTENTION: Problems Found Connection to Database failed
    Access denied for user 'integrit_casey'@'secure.srvr8.com' (using password: YES) more info...

Regards Casey

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

That's telling you that the username/password information you supplied is incorrect for the database and servername that you entered.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I know i am putting the correct password and username.
    The Database host i have no idea about
    Regards Casey

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Who is your hosting company ?
    It might be worth a call to them to know what the database server address is.
    Sometimes the same screen where you created your database will also tell you the database servername.
    Or you could try using "localhost" (which works for most).

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Sometimes on Linux servers the root password for phpMyAdmin is set to nothing. If you haven't done anything to the database yet it could be as easy as logging as root and leaving the password field blank.

If that doesn't work, it was mentioned above that you should contact your web host. That would be the easiest thing to do if nothing else works.

Plugin Contributions

I contacted the provider (Acorn-Solutions) and they say I have no database and user created - which I do.

What else can I do as I am so stumpped and frustrated.

Regards Casey

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by integritylabels View Post
    I contacted the provider (Acorn-Solutions) and they say I have no database and user created - which I do.
    Well, one of you is right.
    If you're the one who's right, then you should get a new host who knows what they're doing.
    If they're right, then perhaps you can get them to show you how to create a database and user using their tools, as well as the tell you the correct servername on which the database exists.