Plugin Contributions

Default Paypal IPN issue "incomplete information" -- when cust phone number blank

I have a fresh install of 1.3.7 in my test directory (I copied the files over from my live shop to make it identical). I uninstalled all the payment modules and reinstalled them. I only have Paypal IPN and Money Order enabled.

When I test the checkout process w/ IPN, I get a warning message when it redirects me to Paypal saying "Some required information is missing or incomplete. Please correct your entries and try again." I can continue checking out, but I don't know where this is coming from. I have the latest Paypal patch applied. I don't want to use PPEC because of a few issues.

Could it be the live shop's information in Paypal interfering with IPN? I have automatic return URL and IPN URL pointing to the live shop directory. If so, is it safe to point them to my test directory?

http://www.ktnaturals.com/testshop

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal IPN issue

It's doing that when the customer's telephone number is blank.
    I guess PayPal doesn't like seeing blank telephone data submitted.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal IPN issue "incomplete information" -- when cust phone number blank

THANK YOU!!!! I changed the phone number back to be a required field, and everything tested fine. Thanks again!!!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal IPN issue "incomplete information" -- when cust phone number blank

Thanks for confirming that this was indeed the problem.

A coding change will be included in the next release to skip sending phone number info if it is indeed blank. This will hopefully allow you to make that info optional again.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.